• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What does this mean?

mikalh78

Do I need to replace the black head? I did a manual clean on my XC-540 but when I did a test print, all colours but the black came out consistent.

Attachments

• testprint.jpg
    testprint.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 76

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It all depends on the quality of your prints and what you are willing to put up with. I think most will agree and say that that test print is not bad enough to affect the quality of your prints enough to warrant a new print head. That being said, make sure to clean your cap tops and wiper really well and make sure the bottom of the head is clear of built up ink that may be causing the wiper and cap top to not be lining up properly. That should help keep the head from getting worse faster. Also, you may try a head soak to see if you can get those deflecting nozzles to start firing true again. If your head is over 2 or 3 years old, I would expect to have it fail in the next year or two depending on how much you use it.