• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What else besides a cleaning pen???

AD&M

I have been using the $12.00 cleaning pen that is available for the Roland colorcamm C60 to clean it. What else can I use?

jiarby

I spent a hundred bucks today on swabs and lint free rags.... if you are getting it done with a $12 pen then more power to you.

AD&M

What kind of swabs? I have heard that cotton swabs are a bad thing? Are you using alcohol too as a cleaning solution?

Aardy54@54-Design

Mutoh 1604 and Roland PC-60 have 2 completely different print heads and ink delivery systems and thus require different cleaning materials ... for the pc60 thermal ribbon printhead, the pens work fine and last quite awhile

AD&M

I seem to be tearing this pen up. The first use it split like string cheese. Is that OK? Seems like it has filth on it already too. I was going to just buy about 5 and have them on hand but then I wondered what everyone else used. Also, if it starts to dry out is alcohol OK to refill it?

Sign Works

I seem to be tearing this pen up. The first use it split like string cheese. Is that OK? Seems like it has filth on it already too. I was going to just buy about 5 and have them on hand but then I wondered what everyone else used. Also, if it starts to dry out is alcohol OK to refill it?
If you are tearing up the pen then you are doing something wrong, you are only supposed to gently clean the right hand leading edge of the print head with the cleaning pen. I would suggest checking your manual for diagram of proper head cleaning procedure, or go to Roland's site Support section, you can find the diagram there, at least I know it's in the PC-600 section.