• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What else do you sell in your retail store??

I have 2400 sq ft shop on the interstate ad we stay busy year round but was trying to find something to add to the retail spot to bring in traffic increase profit..
We do signs, banner, graphics, embroidery, screen printing(subbed out), promotional products, printed material(subbed out).
Does anyone sell anything that they buy to resale that doesn't require production time??

Malkin

Flags: OPEN, USA (3 sizes), and our state flag. Wooden poles and cast brackets.

24x36 Signicades with tracking and a box of letters.

Flexible (cheap type) letters for portable/spider leg signs.

used to have a big selection of stock signs like a hardware store, but needed the space so they went away.

StarSign

Flags (State, Country, Military, Promotional)
Military Decals
Real Estate Signs, Frames, Pennant Lines
Traffic Signs, Stop, Handicap
Traffic Stencils Fire Lane, Handicap, No Parking

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Put one or two of these :beer - :beer on your window and when someone comes in for a pint........ just tell them it's window dressing and start your spiel.................. :rolleyes:

Craig Sjoquist

You said really only that you have interstate going by & you sell signs to business & your busy plus you do not want production time.

Do you have a exit / entrance & Interstate.

What is the neighborhood like, & needs

What do you want to do..what kinda list of thoughts have you got

Mosh --If pot was legal I'd be rich.....
Craig- I'm right at the end of the exit ramp of the freeway, 100,000 cars per day on the freeway.
between 3-7pm the cars will be lined up in front of the shop waiting to turn a 1/4 of a mile down the road..
I'm between 2 retail stores, a western Store and a ladies boutique that sells clothing.
I was just questioning to see if anyone was carrying anything else in their retail areas besides sign items
to pull business in...
I had thought about doing a Vapor store but I don't smoke and don't want to start back..

JgS

I once knew a barber that wrapped race cars at his barber shop. I've often thought about turning my show room into a ski, snowboard and bike shop (I'm on the way to a ski area).

bikecomedy

At the moment we sell tree ripened Mardarins and ship to anywhere in the US. Hint Hint!
bag .jpg

Dovette

Some of the sign shops around here have been starting to stock the Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn acrylic word plates from Wagner.
They seem to be selling nicely. :)

Attachments

• Wagner Social Media Zip Change Letters.png
    Wagner Social Media Zip Change Letters.png
    98 KB · Views: 65

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Next month, we'll be putting our annual 50% sale into motion. If you wanted to, you could do something similar.

We're running 4' x 8's white on white at 50% of their normal cost. We're also running 4' x 4' white on white at 50%, too. We call it our 'Winter Snow Special'.

In January, we follow up with our 'Stay in the Black Special' by offering up the 4' x 8's black on black for 40% and the same with the 4' x 4's.

These specials usually let us really use of creative juices. :rolleyes: Heck, kerning, negative space and all kinds of stuff just don't get any attention at all. Cripes, even the fonts don't matter. :design:

Craig Sjoquist

That is good traffic that really sees your place & selling retail stuff is good idea if it is needed in area.

But your core business is business people...Going home ... excellent location for customers wanting to stop & relax & wait till rush hour is over in mean time seeing how you service other business.

Why offer anything other then a place to stop & relax ...sales will come from that alone

jen.reelez

Sort of signage holder, its the main, as of the moment. :Big Laugh

But have some other non-signs products, buy and sell of various goods. :smile: