Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Financial Software Do You Use?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by greeter896, May 14, 2006.

1. greeter896

greeter896 Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Hello Everyone,

I would like to know what Financial Software you use for your sign business? One of the most popular programs I know of is Quickbooks.

Best Regards,

Gary/Sign FX

:thankyou: :thankyou:

Tags:
  2. JMDigital

JMDigital Active Member

Oct 15, 2005
    QuickBooks or QuickBooks pro is a good one. If you use one of those your Accountant (if you use one) can usually import your data to do your payroll taxes and corporate stuff. They may even give you a discount because you can e-mail them your stuff. And QuickBooks pro has good telephone support, I think that a good CPA firm or Accounting firm should do your major stuff but if you are a small shop with a couple of employees QuickBooks pro could do everything from Invoice to Payroll and even figure the payroll tax deposits so you are never late.. (you don’t want those late fees) The billing portion will also keep track of your sales tax so you send that in also. You don't want a sales tax audit they suck!

Sorry I rambled on. My father is a CPA here locally and I hear horror stories about businesses that do not have the books in order. The IRS can be a bear! I am glad that his office does my stuff!

3. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Quickbooks baby! I hate doing paperwork, and I barely sneak along with Quickbooks, but it's lightyears ahead of anything else I've seen. Comcash is the only other one I've fiddled with really, and that was a living nightmare.

4. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    QB Pro here too.

5. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Ditto....QuickBooks!

6. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Quickbooks - can't imaging trying to use something else.

7. ground zero graphics

ground zero graphics Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Quick books here to!!:cool1:

8. TC49010

TC49010 Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    QB pro here too!

9. njsigns

njsigns Very Active Member

May 25, 2005
    Just started using Quickbooks as well, fantastic program!!

Gene

10. SoCalN8V

SoCalN8V Active Member

Another vote for Quickbooks!

11. SignRover

SignRover Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Quickbooks Pro is a breeze! Integrates with UPS online, Yahoo merchant and Washington Mutual checking accounts.

12. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    QB Pro here too.

I just signed up for their "assisted payroll" services last month since I bacame an LLC & need to pay meyself through a proper payroll structure for the first time. I'm also very happy with the opportunity to have their help getting all the complex tax filing done for me in a timely manner.

13. Checkers

Checkers Very Active Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Hiya Gary,
    JM is right, talk to your accountant before you invest in software.
    While QuickBooks may be a popular program, if your accountant doesn't use it, you may be asking for trouble (trouble = $$ out of your pocket).
    I use a combination of EstiMate Software and QuickBooks. Both are well worth the investment for me.

Checkers