• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What goes wrong with a DX4 head?

heyskull

I am just about to put my old JV3 back into the print room and get it making some money.
Problem is I knocked it on this morning and it is giving an error on the light cyan channel!!!!
Now I have tried all my spare heads and all of them are dead.
My question is what goes wrong with the head?

Their are a number of resistors or fuses soldered to the DX4 head board.
Is their a way of testing these?
What is the most likely one to go?
I have soldered small stuff like this before so it's not a problem.

Thanks
SC

Vinylman

My first thought would be that if the head was not cleaned and flushed, then filled with "storage" solution when put away for any extended time that the head would no doubt be clogged beyond recovery. IF any printer is going into a long term storage situation the manufacturer ALWAYS recommends very machine specific directions for De-commissioning process.

heyskull

This is all up and recommissioned again and has been running for the last two weeks.
I have just spent some time getting it printing properly.
It has new cables, caps and pumps. Printhead test was about 95% on all heads so was good to go.
Knocked it on on Saturday and it came up with the dreaded head error **!!!

SC

heyskull

Hi

Yes I switched it on...LOL
UK Speak.

No head strikes at all.
Has just been running test prints etc.
It hasn't done any work yet since setting it up working again.

All I wanted to know is if anyone had figured out what creates the faults to create the errors.
And if changing any of the fuses/resistors on the board which is attached to the head remedied this fault.
I am certain the fault is on the head as when you do a cable swap the error moves to that head.

Cheers
SC

Karen-Kang

dx4 head

Hi

Yes I switched it on...LOL
UK Speak.

No head strikes at all.
Has just been running test prints etc.
It hasn't done any work yet since setting it up working again.

All I wanted to know is if anyone had figured out what creates the faults to create the errors.
And if changing any of the fuses/resistors on the board which is attached to the head remedied this fault.
I am certain the fault is on the head as when you do a cable swap the error moves to that head.

Cheers
SC

Are you sure the fuses problem?
Have you done the cleaning procedure?
And you cannot print any color yet?

heyskull

This machine has had a lot of time (more than it's worth) and quite a bit of money spent on it.
Everything is or was working correctly.
Up until till last weekend everything was perfect (or as close as you can get).
The cleaning procedure is like new.
You cannot print any colours when a head is showing an error.

I switched the machine on and the LC/LM head is showing errors.

All I now want to know is their are fuses or resistors on the DX4 head has anyone ever tested these and replaced them and got the heads working again?
And how did you do it?

SC