Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what happened to my backslash?

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by Elisabetz, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Elisabetz

Elisabetz New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    So, I'm back. With my rudimentary questions yet again :).

I got an order today that requires a backslash (and in case my vernacular is wrong... the slash under backspace)... and when I try typing it in to the text edit box... it won't. As in... it doesn't acknowledge me pressing the key. Is there a block on placing backslashes in Omega Composer 2.5.1 text? I can use forward slashes.... just not backslashes.

You (the multitude of forum participants) are always so helpful! I wish I knew enough to actually help on some of the other comments up here... maybe someday :)

Tags:
  2. graphixplus

graphixplus Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Some characters are not in a particular font.
    Try a different font.

3. Elisabetz

Elisabetz New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    ugh. OK. In that case... do you know of a Microsoft word like way to check for font characters? I guess I'm stuck with shift+Ctrl+6, huh?

4. B Snyder

B Snyder Very Active Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map

5. graphixplus

graphixplus Member

Jan 12, 2007
    shift+Ctrl+6
    I never new you could do that (Thanks)
    you can type in what you want on the screen
    Highlight the text by draging the cursor over what you typed then go to your font drawdown and scroll down thru the fonts

6. Elisabetz

Elisabetz New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    B Snyder: It looks like that will only work with my Window's Fonts, not my Gerber Fonts :(

graphixplus: You're welcome! and if I could GET a backslash to type, that'd be spectacular, however... I can't "find" it if I can't type it.

Can anyone ELSE type a backslash? I know it's just a silly question, but... who knows?

7. Service Sign Co

Service Sign Co Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
    I can type a back slash,but only with true type or open type fonts installed with font converter,

8. ndemond

ndemond Active Member

Nov 6, 2007
    In omega use the forward slash, and then flip ????:covereyes:

Nancy

9. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    in the edit text window, press F3...which will bring up the font change screen....from there click on the "view font" which i think is F9 (going off memory, so don't take my word for it)....from there, you can view every character available in that font.......

hope that helps...