• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what happened to my backslash?

Elisabetz

So, I'm back. With my rudimentary questions yet again :).

I got an order today that requires a backslash (and in case my vernacular is wrong... the slash under backspace)... and when I try typing it in to the text edit box... it won't. As in... it doesn't acknowledge me pressing the key. Is there a block on placing backslashes in Omega Composer 2.5.1 text? I can use forward slashes.... just not backslashes.

You (the multitude of forum participants) are always so helpful! I wish I knew enough to actually help on some of the other comments up here... maybe someday :)

Elisabetz

ugh. OK. In that case... do you know of a Microsoft word like way to check for font characters? I guess I'm stuck with shift+Ctrl+6, huh?

graphixplus

shift+Ctrl+6
I never new you could do that (Thanks)
you can type in what you want on the screen
Highlight the text by draging the cursor over what you typed then go to your font drawdown and scroll down thru the fonts

Elisabetz

B Snyder: It looks like that will only work with my Window's Fonts, not my Gerber Fonts :(

graphixplus: You're welcome! and if I could GET a backslash to type, that'd be spectacular, however... I can't "find" it if I can't type it.

Can anyone ELSE type a backslash? I know it's just a silly question, but... who knows?

ndemond

So, I'm back. With my rudimentary questions yet again :).

I got an order today that requires a backslash (and in case my vernacular is wrong... the slash under backspace)... and when I try typing it in to the text edit box... it won't. As in... it doesn't acknowledge me pressing the key. Is there a block on placing backslashes in Omega Composer 2.5.1 text? I can use forward slashes.... just not backslashes.

You (the multitude of forum participants) are always so helpful! I wish I knew enough to actually help on some of the other comments up here... maybe someday :)

In omega use the forward slash, and then flip ????:covereyes:

Nancy

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
in the edit text window, press F3...which will bring up the font change screen....from there click on the "view font" which i think is F9 (going off memory, so don't take my word for it)....from there, you can view every character available in that font.......

hope that helps...