• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what happened?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Ya never know. I recall a post on here about them changing road signs...

Just googling around a bit, there have been numerous cases of either patched exploits or potentially abused exploits (one was able to trigger install via a fax!) that may never be fully revealed, but one can only imagine the sensitive info scanned in some offices. One can also imagine the amount of useless stuff you'd have to filter through to get the good stuff, but now with OCR and CPU power ever evolving, organizing a petabyte of scans is becoming trivial.
Then again you have the potential for someone to go the ransomware route, or just plain scare tactic where the printer would print a page stating all scanned or printed docs for the past 6 months are collected, pay me bitcoins or I'll tell your family about the dirty pictures/sensitive data leak blah blah blah...
Brave new world indeed.
Are you saying that the russians are gonna hold the photocopies I made of my A*ss for ransome?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I FIGURED OUT WHAT IT WAS! Now I need help how to fix it. Anybody have flexi?
The google map was actually part of a shutterstock image that we printed for the back of our garage door. For some reason my "output" in the print manager grabbed a file and started printing it. So, I know what it did..I don't know why it did it or how can i prevent it from happening again without deleting the whole output section. which is fine because i save the files. but it's a flexi problem? anybody know what's going on?
I've had this happen when I had too many files with the 'Print then hold' option checked. When I do a big monthly run of ganged files I put them all on hold until I verify the output matches the request and I didn't miss anything.
If the list gets too long Felxi does randomly grab the wrong file and print it even though the listing and preview show the correct file I am supposed to be printing.
Clear out your hold list (if you have anything in it). Delete the file that has the issue from the project manager, restart Flexi and then add the needed layout back into the queue.
That normally does it for me, I have version 12 that came with the printer.

netsol

It's a dumpster company and we printed window perf for the back glass of the window.
So, it isn't so you can see out of a dumpster, through the perf
sometimes when my computer updates, it looses the default to my desktop printer, and tries to print to the first large format printer on the network it sees. a few times I didn't catch that and hit print. nothing ever prints though.
sometimes when my computer updates, it looses the default to my desktop printer, and tries to print to the first large format printer on the network it sees. a few times I didn't catch that and hit print. nothing ever prints though.
Microsoft thinks the ideal setting is 'let windows manage my printers'

What that means is, every time you choose a printer, windows makes it the default.

You change the setting, those idiots from Redmond Washington change it back