• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Happened....

WildWestDesigns

to Halloween and Thanksgiving? I walked into Wal-Greens today and they already had Christmas stuff up. I mean can't we hold off until we actually get past Halloween any more?

Of course, having said that when I got back I "felt" compelled to come up with this simple pattern:
picture.php

Just seems like every time I turn around it's Christmas again.

Mike F

I know what you mean, I walked into walmart in the middle of october last year, and they had 1 aisle of halloween stuff, and 3 aisles of christmas stuff. Seems like it's gettin earlier every year.

Speedsterbeast

If you celebrate Christmas, which I don't. Not for religious reasons, but for what you said exactly. Then yes, it is always around the corner.

Look at it this way:

Christmas "Time" starts, for arguement sake, we'll say November 1st. With all of the after Christmas sales, decorations, trees on the curb for the landfills etc. it goes to, let's say, January 5th.
That means that it's Christmas for nearly 10% of the year!!!!
That is over 1 full day a week, every week, every year of your life. If you chose to acknowledge such BS.
Most people do not realize that Coca-Cola came up with what now is the image of Santa Clause. Really.
And since religeous discussions are banned from here let me just say to do your own research on the origins of the holiday coinciding with the winter solstice and other amazing facts. You will be quite surprised.

Don't get me started on Easter either!

WildWestDesigns

But yeah, I heard Christmas music on the radio yesterday....

Thankfully that hasn't happened to me yet. Now, don't get me wrong I like listening to Andy Williams, but it needs to be a little closer to time.

Right after Thanksgiving (a couple of times during Black Friday) I'll put on Christmas OTR and listen to those shows all the way up until the end of Christmas.

I do enjoy listening to the Christmas OTR shows.