• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What in the world is causing this?

reelguitars

Hey guys, this is David. I bought a Mutoh Outdoor 62 several months back knowing that it needed both printheads, capping station, and pump. I bought the parts from CMYK Parts, did the installation, and everything pretty much worked as it was supposed to. I had a lull in business and for about a month I did very little printing (don't slam me, I should have done a test print every day but I didn't. I'm sure the heads dried up but with some patience and a good ultrasonic machine, I got them firing again. Look at this test print. I've adjusted the step adjustment several times and printing has improved but not to the point I could sell any of it. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• ry%3D400b.jpg
    ry%3D400b.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 84
  • ry%3D400.jpg
    ry%3D400.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:

reelguitars

I've had the heat up to 50 degrees C and that made no difference. I run at 45C now. I don't think there is air in the lines. I will make a nozzle check pic. Maybe you guys can tell me more then. I thought that even if you had a nozzle or so that wasn't firing, the step adjustment would allow enough overprint to cover a missing line...was I wrong? Also, how much importance is the head rank? I know that the two heads I have fire at different voltages...one around 17 and the other around 13. A little info on those would be nice.

kffernandez

your nozzles look terrible. remember what they looked like when you first got them? that's what they're supposed to look like.

kelly