Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What in the world is causing this?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by reelguitars, Aug 25, 2012.

1. reelguitars

reelguitars Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Hey guys, this is David. I bought a Mutoh Outdoor 62 several months back knowing that it needed both printheads, capping station, and pump. I bought the parts from CMYK Parts, did the installation, and everything pretty much worked as it was supposed to. I had a lull in business and for about a month I did very little printing (don't slam me, I should have done a test print every day but I didn't. I'm sure the heads dried up but with some patience and a good ultrasonic machine, I got them firing again. Look at this test print. I've adjusted the step adjustment several times and printing has improved but not to the point I could sell any of it. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    Tags:
  2. decaljunkie

decaljunkie Member

Jul 17, 2010
    try upping your heat temp i might make the print look better

3. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    It has little, if anything, to do with heat.

Are all the nozzles firing?

Do you have air in the ink lines?

4. reelguitars

reelguitars Member

Dec 23, 2011
    I've had the heat up to 50 degrees C and that made no difference. I run at 45C now. I don't think there is air in the lines. I will make a nozzle check pic. Maybe you guys can tell me more then. I thought that even if you had a nozzle or so that wasn't firing, the step adjustment would allow enough overprint to cover a missing line...was I wrong? Also, how much importance is the head rank? I know that the two heads I have fire at different voltages...one around 17 and the other around 13. A little info on those would be nice.

5. reelguitars

reelguitars Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Here's what I think is a closeup of nozzle check print. Ideas?

Attached Files:

6. kffernandez

kffernandez Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Philippines
    your nozzles look terrible. remember what they looked like when you first got them? that's what they're supposed to look like.

kelly