• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What in the world?

3Dsigns

Guy comes into my shop, wants to write me a check for my services, have me sign the back of the check and hand it back to him, then he wants to pay me in cash? What was he trying to pull? In my 22 years in business I've never encountered anything like this before. Thanks

2B

did you do anything else besides writing your name?
if the check is deposited or cashed, the money would come from his account.

guessing he wanted a receipt for the transaction for taxes?

3Dsigns

did you do anything else besides writing your name?
if the check is deposited or cashed, the money would come from his account.

guessing he wanted a receipt for the transaction for taxes?
I told the guy I would give him a receipt. Took a photo of his driver's license, He said I was "causing him too much trouble", tore the check up, took the cash and left.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Anyone win a case against you in small claims court lately??
Maybe he is trying to get your bank account number.

Andy D

I can't see the downside for you if you ended up with cash,
unless he was trying to cover up his own check fraud.

3Dsigns

I can't see the downside for you if you ended up with cash,
unless he was trying to cover up his own check fraud.
Considering the weirdness of the proposition, I was afraid to take his stack of $100 bills, and I didn't have one of those counterfeit money pen thingys. Been alot of counterfeit money circulating around here lately. I had a couple of the pens on order and they just came in this morning.

3Dsigns

I called the sheriff's department and they had no idea what he was up to either. But the officer I spoke with said everything was recorded in case something else came up.