• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what is best way to attach coroplast to a brick wall?

shuv76

Hello,,,i have a job where i will need to attach about 10 coroplast signs to brick wall. The signs are 16x21.
I wanted to see if anyone knows of a good way to do that.
In the past I have used a masonary bit and then screwed fastener in to hold coroplast. It was usually bigger signs though.
Is there some kind of adhesive that might work? Would appreciate any help......Paul

iSign

duct tape :)

looks better than coro, IMHO :Big Laugh

otherwise, I'd expect the fasteners you've used in the past would be best.
Most aggressive adhesives (like liquid nails, or similar) leave a clean-up mess, or cost a lot, like 3M VHB tape...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
The 3M double-sided tape from Home Depot along with silicone. Tape the signs in place until the silicone cures.

Pat Whatley

Please don't use silicone, or liquid nails, or caulk, or VHB tape, or foam tape.

The coro signs are gonna last a year, two if you're lucky, on the wall....when they come down the mounting goop is gonna last and look horrible for another 20 years. A couple of small masonry anchors and you're done. Little holes are easy to fill when the signs come down.

Why coro? Installation is gonna cost them more than the signs.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Please don't use silicone, or liquid nails, or caulk, or VHB tape, or foam tape.

The coro signs are gonna last a year, two if you're lucky, on the wall....when they come down the mounting goop is gonna last and look horrible for another 20 years. A couple of small masonry anchors and you're done. Little holes are easy to fill when the signs come down.

Why coro? Installation is gonna cost them more than the signs.

While the small print is also correct..... me too, why Cor-X ??

You're attempting to instal a permanent type installation using a known temporary substrate. Makes no sense whatsoever. :banghead:

Baz

anchors, screws, and washers... into the MORTAR LINES
silicone will ruin the brick wall.

This is the way to do it. After a year goes by and the signs start falling appart it will be easy to switch over to aluminum blanks and use the same holes and anchors.

John's Studio

Cindy

Hello,,,i have a job where i will need to attach about 10 coroplast signs to brick wall. The signs are 16x21.
I wanted to see if anyone knows of a good way to do that.
In the past I have used a masonary bit and then screwed fastener in to hold coroplast. It was usually bigger signs though.
Is there some kind of adhesive that might work? Would appreciate any help......Paul

Liquid Nails, Use a calk gun and masking tape on the signs until its dry.
Good Luck
Cindy

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I agree that the preferred method would be a mechanical fastener. I suggested silicone because the OP specifically asked if there was an adhesive that would work. While silicone wouldn't be my preferred method, you can still use it and not make a huge mess of the brick. VHB tape holds quite well on brick by itself. So VHB coupled with some thin lines of silicone on some of the mortar lines and the sign will stay put for quite a while. If/when it is removed, the majority of the silicone is on the mortar lines which cleans up fairly easily.

Also, there are landlords and property owners that are pretty adamant about not drilling holes in their buildings.

Just saying - not sure why exactly the OP specified using an adhesive, but it's possible that's his only option. If not - yeah, use mechanical fasteners.