• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is causing these streaks?

omartinjordan

Can anyone tell me what it causing the blue lines around the letters? Seems I fix one thing and then something else happens.

Attachments

• IMG_4580_1.jpg
    IMG_4580_1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 137

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it's not on the original artwork, I would first say static.

I don't think it's dirt or you'd see droplets here and there.

John Butto

lines

It might be something simple with just cleaning under the printhead or lifting your printhead height.

sfr table hockey

You must be printing in Bi direction as the lines are going in both directions of the graphic. Is yours a cutter as well? I have had a fuzz or hair get caught on the cutter blade and I cleaned the head many times and funny it didn't help. Now I remove the blade tool when I just print just to keep that from happening.

Although with a hair or fuzz you should see it in all areas and not just on the darker blue unless the amount of ink that color produces is just enough to be the only color that touches the debris.

omartinjordan

Update

After cleaning and I mean cleaning everything seems great now. I also manually adjusted the print heads and it's great. I did find something great for cleaning. We didn't have any swabs so I had an idea that I saw my wife use the other day. Cosmetic sponges. I was able to cut them down and clean the bottom of the head and all around the sides. These are really soft and no lint. Plus a whole pack is under $2.