Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is causing these streaks?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by omartinjordan, Jan 6, 2011.

1. omartinjordan

omartinjordan New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Can anyone tell me what it causing the blue lines around the letters? Seems I fix one thing and then something else happens.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. omartinjordan

omartinjordan New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Here is a closer pic

Attached Files:

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    If it's not on the original artwork, I would first say static.

I don't think it's dirt or you'd see droplets here and there.

4. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    lines

It might be something simple with just cleaning under the printhead or lifting your printhead height.

5. it looks like something is dragging on the printhead. Try cleaning it.

6. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    You must be printing in Bi direction as the lines are going in both directions of the graphic. Is yours a cutter as well? I have had a fuzz or hair get caught on the cutter blade and I cleaned the head many times and funny it didn't help. Now I remove the blade tool when I just print just to keep that from happening.

Although with a hair or fuzz you should see it in all areas and not just on the darker blue unless the amount of ink that color produces is just enough to be the only color that touches the debris.

7. omartinjordan

omartinjordan New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Update

After cleaning and I mean cleaning everything seems great now. I also manually adjusted the print heads and it's great. I did find something great for cleaning. We didn't have any swabs so I had an idea that I saw my wife use the other day. Cosmetic sponges. I was able to cut them down and clean the bottom of the head and all around the sides. These are really soft and no lint. Plus a whole pack is under $2.