• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is causing this on my prints?

BSL Graphix

I have mutoh 1204-GA, lately I have been getting this on my prints and don't know what is causing it. I have tried strong cleanings, made sure to clean real well with a swab around my print head, maintenance station, and wiper. I have changed out my spit box insert. And today I cleaned my pinch rollers with cleaning fluid (1st time ever, they seemed to have lots of overspray on them, but cleaned up real well.). Anybody have any ideas? my nozzle check seems to be perfect. Any help appreciated. thanks!

Attachments

• printer pic.jpg
    printer pic.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 136

J Hill Designs

encoder strip is clear plastic that runs across the top of the ..um..thing the head runs across

(its not actually clear, it has micro lines printed on it. DO NOT clean with printer cleaner. use IPA

BSL Graphix

i cleaned the encoder strip, it was pretty clean..but did get a little of something off of it.....tried another print...same thing???

gregwallace

To me it kind of looks like the heads are drying out. Try pausing midprint and run a cleaning cycle. Resume print and see if problem goes away for a few passes. If it seems to clean up briefly from the clean then I would say you need to lower the heat or run it faster with same heat.

heyskull

Have you cleaned round the head and capping station as excessive build up of ink can cause this.
Their may even be fluff round the head causing this.
What is your test print like?
How is the machine wired on the network as could be a communication issue also.

SC

BSL Graphix

I think I got it! After cleaning and cleaning again....I got to looking under the print head and found a long fuzzy under the print head. I've printed quite a bit today and the problem seems to be gone! thanks again guys! This site is great!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Have you made your daily sacrifice to the printer gods of old? I hear if you miss the offering to the old ones they tend to cause fubar conditions ... I don't risk it.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Oh, you know what I'm talking about. :covereyes:

Attachments

• tumblr_lgrec6GjtP1qae9seo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lgrec6GjtP1qae9seo1_500.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 82
  • cthulu.jpg
    cthulu.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 95

Masseria

If not solved,
x2 encoder strip

2)Check if you have drops in the printhead. printhead must be clean.
3)Check if you have drops in the printhead road, specially the paper security clamps.

if not solved make CMYK squares and post a pick with a nozzle check.

Compilla

today I cleaned my pinch rollers with cleaning fluid (1st time ever, they seemed to have lots of overspray

Never use cleaning solution to clean the rollers, the cleaning solution will melt your rollers. I think that was part of the issue.