• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is causing this?

vroongraphics

Hello. I have noticed the last couple of days, there is a "yellow" blotching line on my prints, consistent, using different media. I did the usual maintenance and cleaning, with no luck. Any body know what is causing this? This happens no matter what color printed, even black ink.
Printer: Roland VS540

Attachments

• yellow banding.jpg
    yellow banding.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 74

madsign25

Do another test change the BASE PIONT see if the problem appear in anywhere on wide printer or always on same point.

vroongraphics

Thanks for your input. We are going to try clean the encoder strip. Hopefully it can be accessed easy enough....never done it before on this machine....Will keep you posted.

DesireeM

Had this problem before and it turned out the encoder strip was actually damaged and needed to be replaced.

madsign25

Do another test change the BASE PIONT see if the problem appear in anywhere on wide printer or always on same point.

If always in the same point make straight line by eye or something material to encoder strip note any scratch on it ,the black line must bee same color if any wrong liquid touch the strip mybe the black line look more light .

vroongraphics

thanks for the advice. I did the "basepoint" test, and the issue is only at that one location depicted. The yellow issue seems to be sporatic, yet consistant...meaning that sometimes it seems to print fine, then the yellow issue happens again....weird.

madsign25

All your problem look around the encoder strip last thing can do after cleaning tied the screw which catch the encoder strip from left hand side be careful too much tied will cut the encoder strip from other side if not work replace the encoder strip get new one.

woolly

also have a look at the main data ribbon cable as a intermitant break in that will cause it to hic up in the same place every time as it folds and unfolds

MikePro

i'd say if it was drifting, check the encoder sensor for debris.
you say you've cleaned the strip, but I would still be obsessive and check that particular spot on the strip for anything, especially scratches.

otherwise +1 to the break in cable bend.