• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is causing this?

heyskull

This is on my VJ 1604.

It seems to be just doing this on black!!!

Thanks
SC

Attachments

• DSCN2784.jpg
    DSCN2784.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 136

Nightshift

Had a problem just like it on a PressVu, printing on forex foamed PVC. So I would bet there is something to do with static.

sfr table hockey

Had that exact look on my Roland and the roll was full of static and black showed up more.

If you can lower the heads and it helps the issue then you know it was static or if it gets worse if you raise the heads.

Allied Digital

static - dryer sheets

Static. Sucks, but not much you can do.

I know this is very old post, but a printer tech once told me to tape dryer sheets, hanging down at the back where the media feeds into the machine - media is lightly "swept" as it moves in, by the dryer sheets.
I've not had the problem ever - never hope to by the sound of it...

I know this is very old post, but a printer tech once told me to tape dryer sheets, hanging down at the back where the media feeds into the machine - media is lightly "swept" as it moves in, by the dryer sheets.
I've not had the problem ever - never hope to by the sound of it...

Post is only a day old.......however i have heard also that dryer sheets will stop static buildup, as well as putting rubber mats under your printer legs/feet etc