• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is going on here with Flexi?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I am having an issue with Flexi not finishing printing. Happens about every other job....it prints to the end and the last 1/2" or so it stops printing. Production Manager shows job is done, printer shows it is still in progress. Anyone else had this issue?

I am on Flexi 10.5.1 PDF RIP and running on Roland SC-545EX. This is really annoying when I print a big job to cut later and there are no reg marks at one end!!

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
This is a communication issue between the computer and the printer. Does this Roland printer connect through an Ethernet cable? If it does try turning off the Windows Firewall and any other Firewalls that are on the computer and see if the problem goes away. If it does you will have to create an exception in the Firewall(s) for Flexi and the Roland printer.

eahicks

Thanks, I'll check that all out. I never have this issue on my other computer which runs Versaworks ( I have some things I print with VW and some with Flexi).

eahicks

Still having this issue....but I think I have narrowed it down to when it actually does it. It seems to happen mostly when I have sent a file for print to Production Manager and then go in to PM to make a change to it's setup, such as changing the profile setting, media size, quantity, or something like that. So it isn't a communication issue as suggested. Something is wonky with PM. Getting really annoyed with it. So if I need to change anything I have to delete the whole job in PM, go back to Flexi, make sure everything is set as needed and then send the job.

eahicks

Ok, this problem has come up again, EVERY job I send to print stops with at least 1/2" to 1" left to print. NOTHING has changed software or hardware-wise. Just suddenly doesn't finish prints. This is not good as I have a HUGE job to print with registration marks, and if they don't finish I'm SOL on trying to cut the prints. Does anyone have this issue , EVER? I am stumped and frustrated. Most stuff I'll run through Versaworks, but I have many I rip/print through Flexi.

eahicks

Just ran full PC scan on both AV and Malware programs. Nothing found. PC is clean. Fresh reboot of PC and Printer and will try again.

dbot

Been having the same issue with my hp8000 running win 7 32bit.

Definetly try changing the cables to the printer it may help. I will ask my print operator in the morning if he's still having the issue.

To resolve the problem with die cutting. If u running opus marks just cut two little black squares and measure the distance between each mark and then manually place t
the little black stickers for the jobs that got messed up.

Flexi support please chime in her if possible. This def is not an isolated case.

Steph_Stamm

Unfortunately we weren't able to replicate the issue here, but our tech support team recommended powering down the printer and computer and disconnecting them from power. You may also want to disconnect the ethernet cable. As a 2nd option, they recommend clearing preferences in Flexi. You are also welcome to connect with the team directly: esupport@thinksai.com or 1800.229.9044.