• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is going on with this screen?

Silver Star DC

Hey everybody. I need a little advice or help or anything in between. I have burned 3 screens and they have all done the same thing. If you look at the picture, you can see that the image burned, but I can't wash out the rest of the emulsion. This is the first time that I have had this problem. The only thing I can think of, is that I used what was left in the bottom of the emulsion container. I've had this emulsion for about 2-1/2 to 3 months. And it has been in a temperature controlled environment. Outside of that...I have no idea what is going on. Can somebody please help? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20160405_191506.jpg
    20160405_191506.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 374

reQ

is it dual cure emulsion or photopolymer one? Dual cure emulsions have shorter shelf life but longer than 2-3 month. Did you try decreasing exposure time? Also, spray some water on it, let it sit for 30 sec & try rub it with your finger, does blue residue stay on your fingers? Does emulsion remover works well when you try to clean it? or its hard to remove?

r2prints

^+1

Dual cure emulsions are rendered useless around 3 months after opening. I switched to Ryonet SVP after my first batch of dual cure was a mess. No looking back! It's a lot more forgiving than most make it out to be.

Might be stupid, but have you changed ink cartridges in your film printer recently? I used to buy cheapy third party inks from Ebay for my Epson 1430 and they could never block the UV. Switched to OEM and all is well.

Nuagedesigns

Yes take a look at your film. If you have a clogged nozzle on your printer the film may be some what gradiated or have banding that you don't see until you hold it up to the light. Therefore you may be overexposing the image without knowing.

Silver Star DC

It's not a dual cure emulsion. I exposed the screens for 60 seconds. But that seemed to be a good time on the screens I burnt last week, and those washed out fine with no problems. I reclaimed the screens after posting this picture. And the emulsion washed out easy. As far as the positive...it's solid. No gradients or holes in the print. And I am using Epson inks.