• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is good size cutter for Cutting Paint Protection Film Templates

tomence

i am trying to get into vehicle paint protection film installation but dont know what is going to be good size cutter to cut the templates coz i am also investing in $2000 software which is called or is from Graphixdirect.com.

Mosh

Bigger the better. 24" is small by today's standard. Our first cutter was 15", then I went to 24" I thought no way I would need bigger. We now have 30" and end up using our 54" printer as a plotter sometimes.

ProWraps

agreed. PPF is a bit different, but with a 36" unless you are planning on doing side panels, it will be more than enough to do bumpers and the hood trims/mirrors/etc that are typical PPF requirements.

99% of your biz will be front exposure. a 36" will do more than enough coverage to do the job.

best advice is to get a sample download from your vendor, and see what their templates are comprised of. i will bet (as i have looked into it extensively), most of them are for a 24" plotter.

if your vendor is unwilling to release a sample template, MOVE ON.

tomence

i do have the 30" as well but that one is at my work the 24" is at home so mostly i wanted to use the 24" since this is gonna be for friends and family first since i never did this before so it is nice way to practice on our cars and go from there. And yeah i am gonna be using it for only the front bamber little bit of the hood and the mirrors.