Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is HTD???

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by KY ERAT, Mar 10, 2007.

1. KY ERAT

KY ERAT New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    The title says it all!!! HTD??? What is HTD?

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    in the context of "what is?"

I would have to say it's a cryptic answer to a jeopardy question.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Heat Transfer Design

4. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Hootchie
    Transmitted
    Disease !

:thumb:

5. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Hard To Do.............

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    HTD was a company out of Boston (I think) that was one of the two original licensees for Scanvec autotracing technology. They wrote a signmaking program around it and made a big splash with a full page unweeded cut vinyl piece inserted in all the trade magazines. They went to Norris-Booth and arranged to import their 36" combo plotter that had both tractor and friction feed calling the plotter the Destiny 4000.

Next they did a bunch of hotel shows and the big ISA Expo, wrote a bunch of orders, took a bunch of deposits and disappeared into the night.

Scanvec then wrote CasMate and developed a dealer network to distribute it. Tim Booth split with his partner Norris and made a deal with Newing-Hall to build the plotter in the US. Newing-Hall made a deal with Vinyl Technologies to manufacture the plotter for them and then backed out of the deal. The Newing-Hall version was called the Accutrac and the Vinyl Technologies version was called the Vytek. Tim and his wife Rosie moved to West Palm Beach and the Mrs. and I became great friends, bowling and poker buddies with them. Tim also designed a plotter for Anagraph before finally leaving the sign industry. When last heard from, he and Rosie were living in Chicagoland where he was working as a robotics design engineer.

More than you wanted to know???

7. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I don't know.... that sounds a little vague.:rolleyes:

8. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I don't think it would fit on the little illuminated jeopardy signs :rolleyes:

9. KY ERAT

KY ERAT New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    I Love This Site!!!!!

DUHHHHH back at myself, Ill try to not let that happen again. Heat transfer , a hobby I picked up 2years ago,was where I started. My hobby has since grown to include Roland cutter,Corel12 ,lots of vinyl & sign supplys and a investment too big to call a hobby. I can now design simple logos & fonts ,send ,cut and apply. SIGNS101 .com and the great people that use it were my teachers and I THANK YOU,PHDers Newbys and all in between for all I have learned !!!!!! Researching and expanding into sandblasted signs now! Hey isign !!3 things we have in common ,signs,drums and being a smartass. Best signer_YOU. Best drummer _ ME ,Best smartass ? Too early to tell!!!!!

10. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    best drummer eh? :U Rock:
    ...got that on video?

welcome to signs101 ...we need more smartasses here