• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is Raster Link Pro 5 for JV33 worth $$?

TheSnowman

I have a copy of Raster Link Pro 5 SG for a Mimaki JV3 that I just had installed today. I'm running Onyx 10.2, and I figured I might as well sell this one. I can't find them for sale online anywhere, and figured I'd pop it on ebay, but have no clue what to list it at or for how long.

Anyone know what this costs? I'd be ok giving a good deal on it if it's worth some cash.

wedosigns

I do not know about the mimaki software, but roland will send you a copy of their software that was included at time of sale (registered printers).
The only cost is shipping.
If this is the case with mimaki as well, then I would think it would not be worth selling. Also I would keep it as some times rips do not like certain files and the rip that came with the printer could be a real quick fix.

Case

Rasterlink 5 works with JV33, CJV, JV5 and UJF series without a dongle...

For it to work with older Mimaki's, you would need to have a dongle and purchase this from a Mimaki dealer....

That being said, everyone that buys a JV33, CJV, JV5 and UJF printer, gets a copy of Rasterlink 5 with it...

It can have some value, for people that buy used printers and the seller doesn't include the Rasterlink with it or any rip software at all...

Case

ironchef

Rasterlink vs onyx? Anyone have any comments on those two? Also, which mimakis are working with the new rasterlink 6, and does anyone have it, how is it?