Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Raster Link Pro 5 for JV33 worth $$?

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by TheSnowman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I have a copy of Raster Link Pro 5 SG for a Mimaki JV3 that I just had installed today. I'm running Onyx 10.2, and I figured I might as well sell this one. I can't find them for sale online anywhere, and figured I'd pop it on ebay, but have no clue what to list it at or for how long.

Anyone know what this costs? I'd be ok giving a good deal on it if it's worth some cash.

Tags:
  2. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Bump

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I never saw it sold as a stand alone rip, I think it just comes with a Mimaki

4. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    It does only work with the JV33. I guess I'll just list it and see how it goes.

5. Out There

Out There Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Washington
    It should work with the CJV line also, as I use the same version.

6. wedosigns

wedosigns Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I do not know about the mimaki software, but roland will send you a copy of their software that was included at time of sale (registered printers).
    The only cost is shipping.
    If this is the case with mimaki as well, then I would think it would not be worth selling. Also I would keep it as some times rips do not like certain files and the rip that came with the printer could be a real quick fix.

7. Case

Case Member

Jul 21, 2004
    IN
    Rasterlink 5 works with JV33, CJV, JV5 and UJF series without a dongle...

For it to work with older Mimaki's, you would need to have a dongle and purchase this from a Mimaki dealer....

That being said, everyone that buys a JV33, CJV, JV5 and UJF printer, gets a copy of Rasterlink 5 with it...

It can have some value, for people that buy used printers and the seller doesn't include the Rasterlink with it or any rip software at all...

Case

8. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Rasterlink vs onyx? Anyone have any comments on those two? Also, which mimakis are working with the new rasterlink 6, and does anyone have it, how is it?

9. Out There

Out There Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Washington