• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is Signlab 8 Print & Cut Worth- Selling 2 of mine

dayusmc

I have a question. I am most likey going to sell 2 of my SignLab print and cut 8 software. There are brand new and never used. These are the full version, with the tech support paid for until 2/2012. I bought 4 copies and only ever used 2 of them. What do you think these are worth? I already checked out the auction section, but to be honest- WAY to many different sections. So I might put it up on ebay or see if someone local wants them. Just wondering what I should ask for them. I paid $3k for each. Any suggestion.

dayusmc

Do they have usb dongles with each?

Yes, I paid extra for the HASP Dongles (Purple Dongle) . Signlab is giving those cheap orange USB sticks out as dongles. The problem with those are they show up as a flash drive and can get curpt. Also I bought 2 years of Tech Support for both copies, The tech support goes off the dongle number, so whoever buys my copies with have tech support for 2 years. That cost me $300 for each copy.

The Equipment Guy

If you do list it on Ebay, make sure you do an international auction that is available to Canada, as it is a popular program up here.

dayusmc

If you do list it on Ebay, make sure you do an international auction that is available to Canada, as it is a popular program up here.
I know, people in Canada love SignLab. But I really never do international ebay stuff. Maybe they have a Canada craiglist I can put it on.

Rodi

People can buy it new for $1850 (Print and Cut, I saw it from Ordway).

You should sell all three here as a member to member auction. They are latest version so there would bee people who would like to buy at a pretty decent rate and this is a concentrated area of pro users.

I gotta ask, why so deep with the extra stuff? I'm a tech geek too, but man, you only need 1 SignLab for what you are doing. I hope they told you about the design module before you bought what, 4 of the Print and Cuts each with RIPs?

dayusmc

People can buy it new for $1850 (Print and Cut, I saw it from Ordway).

You should sell all three here as a member to member auction. They are latest version so there would bee people who would like to buy at a pretty decent rate and this is a concentrated area of pro users.

I gotta ask, why so deep with the extra stuff? I'm a tech geek too, but man, you only need 1 SignLab for what you are doing. I hope they told you about the design module before you bought what, 4 of the Print and Cuts each with RIPs?

No one told me about the design one before I bought it. I have a tendecy to buy more than I need (I have 4 new dirtbikes and only ride one) I wish I kwew I could buy them cheaper- I paid almost 3k for each and of coarse I bought 2 years extra tech service for each and I really only needed it for one. I have more sign equipment than all my signmaker friends. I think I buy to much. I have a Gerber edge 2 that I only print for stickers out for my dirtbike. In my defence, I am cutting back- I use to have 5 dirtbikes, so I gave one to my friends daughter. Well gave one copy of Signlab to my friend. So I am only going to sell one. I deffinatly am an extremest- that is just the Marine in me.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I'm not usually one to dig up old posts, but I googled "SignLab 7 Craig's List" to help a friend sell his old software and this rather amusing thread came up. With the special pricing going on now, my friend probably won't get squat for it. It wasn't too long ago that two versions back still went for a modest price.

As for the thread above, I'm rather curious about the OP's line of work...and how he got so flush with cash.

JB

David Wright

I'm not usually one to dig up old posts, but I googled "SignLab 7 Craig's List" to help a friend sell his old software and this rather amusing thread came up. With the special pricing going on now, my friend probably won't get squat for it. It wasn't too long ago that two versions back still went for a modest price.

As for the thread above, I'm rather curious about the OP's line of work...and how he got so flush with cash.

JB

That's what I meant earlier about Signlab "competetive" upgrade sale now, it screws the so called investment Cadlink always said we had. Over four grand into mine over the years, and I didn't even get the extras they are throwing in now for this $750 they are charging.
$750 is what I last paid for an upgrade from version 7 to 9 just so I could run it on a Windows 7 computer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We all go through this. Back in the 80s we bought gerber systems for over $25,000 plus the fonts were $385 each. ANAgraph cost $38,000 and we had two of those. The people leading the charge up front always pay for the new technology, while the lollygaggers generally get the stuff for nothing. However, when a company does this sorta thing, it means new software or whatever they develop is about to change. You'll see advertisements shortly of new amazing things on the horizons.

WildWestDesigns

We all go through this. Back in the 80s we bought gerber systems for over $25,000 plus the fonts were $385 each. ANAgraph cost $38,000 and we had two of those. The people leading the charge up front always pay for the new technology, while the lollygaggers generally get the stuff for nothing. However, when a company does this sorta thing, it means new software or whatever they develop is about to change. You'll see advertisements shortly of new amazing things on the horizons.

This is a lot that goes with it. Digitizing software used to go for $20k for the full versions (that is not a typo), then they were $15k. Now I see all kinds of advertisements for up to 75% off, depending on how you play the trade ins and trade ups. Which brings it below the cost for entry level commercial digitizing software (which is typically around $4k) for the full version.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Attachments

• attachment.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 245