• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the backup battery for, in Roland SJ1045

InkjetAuction

Time and Date

The only purpose of the on-board battery is to keep the clock going.

A sure sign of a dead battery is when you see "PRESS POWER AGAIN TO CLEAN" when you turn on the printer.
Essentially, the printer doesn't know when it was last cleaned, and thus it will initiate a normal cleaning before regular operations.

On most Roland mainboards you will find an easily replaceable 2032 watch battery in a standard holder.

The latest revision service record for the SJ-1045 shows the the 2032 battery "scratched off" the parts list.

I've never seen a SJ-1045 mainboard... is your battery non-replaceable?

~E

Does anyone know what the backup battery is for, and what happens if it doesn't work anymore?

123sticker

123sticker
The only purpose of the on-board battery is to keep the clock going.

I've never seen a SJ-1045 mainboard... is your battery non-replaceable?

~E

Yes, it is replaceable. I was hoping for a non responsive sub power not working.
Then there is something else wrong with that machine.

Have to keep searching

InkjetAuction

Silly question...

This will sound silly, but have you checked the cable running from the panel to the mainboard? Reseat it?
I remember this from the break/fix test at Roland school...

Also possibly a stuck key keeping the panel from working properly? This happens quite often on the XC-540...

~E