• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the best Cutter/Plotter for a beginner?

Chops

Looking to purchase a plotter. Probably around 30" in. I wouldn't mind getting a used one. Not too sure about brands. I'm kind of fond to Gerber, just cause I have experience with them. The main qualities I'm looking for is Accuracy, Able to do Intricate shapes, Friction not Sprocket, and affordable. Not really looking to do a lot of production right off the bat, maybe just run it about 20 hours a week at most.

If anyone as any ideas of what and were to get one I would be thankful.

signage

Welcome to the forums from PA....

Use the search feature this question is asked almost weekly! Good Luck

Craig Sjoquist

..Welcome to a outstanding forum and people

I went for a cheap china cutter cause I don't have the work flow to buy a America quality cutter that I'd rather buy
only a few things cut so far all is good, But a PC upgrade is needed so I can use it now ..lol

javila

You pretty much can't go wrong with any cutter at this point. The tech reached it's peak years ago.

HaroldDesign

These are the best start.

:Welcome:

Attachments

• 41BoSCvtz2L._SS500_.jpg
    41BoSCvtz2L._SS500_.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 41HVA5NQ78L._SS400_.jpg
    41HVA5NQ78L._SS400_.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 205

LMSigns24

I have a 30" Roland Camm1 Pro. I purchased it in 2004 and it has been a great piece of equipment! I haven't had any issues. My Sales rep is the best! I would call Tyrrell Tech in NJ

Area51Graphix

Hy Everyone!!

I hardly recomended Mimaki Cutting Plotter, any of them, We have many years using mimaki and works great, Very precise and fast.

Bye.

Larry L

I have a 30" Roland Camm1 Pro. I purchased it in 2004 and it has been a great piece of equipment! I haven't had any issues. My Sales rep is the best! I would call Tyrrell Tech in NJ
:thumb:I have the same Roland I also bought in 2004. I also have a graphtech made Q75. The Roland has a nice sliding pressure gauge that you can tweek easy and the independent rollers allows you to adjust the tilt by leaving one still down. I do not like the other cutter as far as as being fast and easy to set up.

jayhawksigns

We are Summa users here, workhorse machines. When we replaced our original unit I just bought their newest version in the size we wanted without checking the competition. That is how satisfied I am with them.

Just a thought, if you buy a nicer unit up front, then it should last you longer before you need/want to upgrade.

Vicg

I started out 10 years ago with a chinese printer that worked pretty good for 3 years or so the price was verrrry cheap but the machines are noisy great starter .
if you get into it my personal preferance is graphtec there very easy to learn and use.
Vic

Air Art Girl

buy a name brand so you can get replacement parts if needed and not have to search far for them.

I still have 1 PNC1210 for sale.