• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the best software for CNC router?

saeedoo

Hello Everyone.
we just purchased a Industrial CNC router.
what is the best software for sign routing that is easy to use and do not cost arm and a leg?
There are 3 software's that i know of. BOBART, VCARVE, ENROUTE, But i have never worked with them and i do not know what would be the best one to purchase. if you are have any ideas and suggestions please share. Thank you.

timgo

Graphics Designer
Hello Everyone.
what is the best software for sign routing that is easy to use and do not cost arm and a leg?
There are 3 software's that i know of. BOBART, VCARVE, ENROUTE, But i have never worked with them and i do not know what would be the best one to purchase. if you are have any ideas and suggestions please share. Thank you.

Everything you need is EngraveLab 9.0
Try the Trial Version:
https://updater.cadlink.com/CommercialReleases/trial/EL91_trial.exe

astro8

From my experience...

VCarve, Aspire - from Vectric are very good and user friendly...maybe all you'll ever need.
Engravelab/Profilelab/Signlab (with engrave module) /VisionPro - all from Cadlink, I found was better. (Used it for 10 years )
Enroute from SAI is the best for a sign shop...I'm converted. It's just so well thought out that it's a pleasure to use, once you thoroughly learn it.
They have a subscription also, so you can sign up for a month and see if it does what you need.

There are a lot more that I've used...Artcam( but now gone to the AutoDesk graveyard.), Cimagrafi, Type3, EasySign/EasyRoute/ RouterCad, SIgnus (DOS) , bSolid, Biesseworks, etc, etc, etc but I'd stick to Vectric, Cadlink or SAi as they are far more orientated to signmaking. The last two especially.

Stay away from BobCad/BobArt or anything derived from or added on to a cad program as they may look good on paper but in a sign shop scenario they are misery.

fixtureman

I started with Vcarve Pro and upgraded to Aspire Vectric has very good tutorials on their site and you can download a working demo and follow along with the tutorial. If you do buy V Carve Pro and upgrade to Aspire you only lose about $5 they have a great upgrade plan. They also have a large following on their forum

Jean Shimp

We've been using Enroute for several years. It a good program. Wish it didn't have a dongle though. We like to do toolpathing at home sometimes but if you lose your dongle in transit you have to but a whole new software program instead of replacing your lost dongle!! That's really expensive!

clarizeyale

We just got a CNC this past year and no one has ever operated a router before. We use VCarve and it's simple enough to learn. Customer service is not my favorite... a little pretentious like I should know what he's talking about with his CNC jargon when we've NEVER operated a CNC before -_-, this one guy addressed me as "SIR" when clearly I sound like a woman because duh, I am one... and the training could have been better as it was rushed and parts were messed up/missing/other issues during building the router.

cnewb

We just got a CNC this past year and no one has ever operated a router before. We use VCarve and it's simple enough to learn. Customer service is not my favorite... a little pretentious like I should know what he's talking about with his CNC jargon when we've NEVER operated a CNC before -_-, this one guy addressed me as "SIR" when clearly I sound like a woman because duh, I am one... and the training could have been better as it was rushed and parts were messed up/missing/other issues during building the router.[/QUOTE

Hello Everyone.

I have been using Vectric Cut2d for about 5 years, also have Vcarve Pro. For my needs, Aspire is my upgrade path.
I design a lot of flat pattern metal and / or plastic parts with ACAD 97 ( still works for me ).
I use Cut2d to convert dxf design files to tool pathing ; using a convenient material, I cut the part to insure that my design file is correct.
If it is ok, I can send the file(s) to any shop that can laser cut, plasma cut, water jet or whatever. depending on customer requirements.

Hope that gives some insight to one man's solution.

tbullo

Superunknown
I'm prob. in a small group of people, but I use Profilelab from cadlink. Been using it since the 90's. I also use Signlab so they pretty much work the same. Always seemed easy to me. Easy Vcarve setup or my favorite Beveled letters.