• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the best software to use with the Graphtec FC3100-60

Bill Modzel

I just checked Graphtec's website, http://www.graphtecusa.com/ , and it appears
that your 3100 is no longer supported, otherwise, it would have been a free download.
I checked mine and it doesn't go back that far either. It might be worth a phone call though, you never know.

The individual who you bought it from should have included the CD with the plotter. I've sold two Graphtec's and always gave them the Cutting Master CD also. I'd contact your
seller if it's not in the box.

Bill Modzel

Yes, or one of the above mentioned programs.
I do have an ancient, (1994), version of SignPost which was the original Macintosh bridge application for plotters. I used it with my first CI and Illy 88 all the way through Illustrator V9, i THINK. It's been a long time and I don't remember for sure.

This is a full version, complete with manual and updated floppy disks. Yea Floppies.
Your G4 may not even have a floppy drive. I'd be willing to part with it for the cost
of S&H.

The more I've read your replies the more I'm hesitant to offer any more information. You are purchasing an old Mac with an obsolete OS with NO support. Most of us Mac users have long ago left OS 9 and have no desire to go back there. If anything goes wrong with your system you are $___t our of luck. Personally, I wouldn't spend $100 on that G4 unless I could see it operate. They were great computers and there are many still running but they're a dime a dozen because no one is purchasing them.

Heck, you can get a brand new Mac mini for $599 on the Apple store if you have a monitor and keyboard, which would be a much better investment for you but you still won't have a driver for that 3100.

If you already have a decent PC. You should be able to cut from Corel Draw from what I hear, but that's definitely not my department.

sinetist

The Cutting Master plugin that works from within Illustrator or CorelDraw on a mac or a PC is only one way to drive the plotter.

There are other (and better) ways to make it work if you have a drawing program that outputs suitable files.

Try SignCutX2 for a start. Right now I use it (the online yearly subscription) and Illustrator CS to cut vinyl.

It might be better if you have a PC to get CorelDraw for it rather than buying an old mac with an old version of Illustrator.

chadk574

Well I did it!! I got the Graphtec up and running. I downloaded signgo light. And then I found the driver for the 3200. And that is working.

chadk574

I appreciate all the help you guys gave me. I have decided to stick with my windows pc for now. I do like mac though. But I think I will wait until I am more familiar with what I have. And I would prefer to get something more up to date. This took a long time to figure out. And this site being down for awhile complicated things.