• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the clostest match to this font...

artaddictguy

Hello everyone,
I have tried to get this font for some time now but realise that its not available anymore since the Omega program is off the market. I would really like to have a font that is similar in resemblance. Does anyone knows of any? By the way the original name for this font is Burgess Brush

Attachments

• BURGESS BRUSH FONT.jpg
    BURGESS BRUSH FONT.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 617

Vinylman

GEE! Just ANOTHER reason to hate Gerber

Hello everyone,
I have tried to get this font for some time now but realise that its not available anymore since the Omega program is off the market. I would really like to have a font that is similar in resemblance. Does anyone knows of any? By the way the original name for this font is Burgess Brush

THIS is the reason I have NEVER liked Gerber Scientific. When they kept their system, and most of their fonts proprietary, and not useable outside their domain, I knew I would never buy into their selfish protectionism.Went with Adobe in 1988 and until recent decisions by Adobe was VERY HAPPY with my graphic design decisions.
Even that is being forced into change. But I choose to continue to resist. Sure glad I am nearing the end of my active participation in the global insanity.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hello everyone,

Would you care to expand on your statement that Gerber Omega is "off the market"? I have not heard any such announcement. I license two seats of Omega 5 and regular updates are released for the program. In addition, it looks like they have just updated their product page shown HERE.

Gerber Scientific Products is a long time supporter of Signs 101 and is both a merchant member and an advertiser here.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

While this site appears to offer this font for free, attempting to do so generates a virus warning in my browser. Proceed at your own risk!

It's close, but not quite. Anyway, if you are going to send someone to a "Free Font" site, make sure the font author isn't a member here first. A&S Fonts are copyrighted. (As are LHF Fonts) They are created by sign guys for sign guys.

I think Steve would appreciate the patronage! http://artandsignstudio.com/brushwacker.html

Thanks for posting this and looking out for Steve.

FelixCG

I feel like I've been posting this way too much lately, but this is where I usually start for fonts if I can't get them right off the bat. It's not always 100% accurate, but it's a great place to start and usually gives you a great idea for a direction to go in if it can't find it right away

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I feel like I've been posting this way too much lately, but this is where I usually start for fonts if I can't get them right off the bat. It's not always 100% accurate, but it's a great place to start and usually gives you a great idea for a direction to go in if it can't find it right away

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

While your link is welcomed and appreciated, you may not realize the pleasure and pride many members here take in identifying fonts for other members. We're pretty good at it and our ID's, unlike Whatthefont, cover a wider range of available fonts than Whatthefont does.

artaddictguy

My apologies...I did not get my info correct. I did not realise that i would have created such a stir... Thank you for assisting \