• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what is the correct term for...

Marlene

what is the correct term for those people who sit with a clipboard and count cars going by? I did a search and found the results are called "traffic count", but not what the service is called. any help would be much appreciated
thanks

d fleming

"what is the correct term for those people who sit with a clipboard and count cars going by?"

Homeless.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My stepson did this for about three months. It was called beginning stage for working for the state. It's tough being out there in all kinds of weather.

You think it's easy, but he told us how tough a job it was. He had to use sunblock, take plenty of water, which unquestionably involved taking many breaks to relieve yourself, he had to start early in the morning... like 8:30 :Sleeping: He was usually done by 1 or 1:30 and was told to punch in [honor system] for a full 8 hours and then he could go do whatever he wanted til tomorrow. They usually didn't make you go out two days in a row, because it was hard on you.

Yeah..... basically anything with the word traffic in it counted.

I liked traffic control officer.​

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
My stepson did this for about three months. It was called beginning stage for working for the state. It's tough being out there in all kinds of weather.

You think it's easy, but he told us how tough a job it was. He had to use sunblock, take plenty of water, which unquestionably involved taking many breaks to relieve yourself, he had to start early in the morning... like 8:30 :Sleeping: He was usually done by 1 or 1:30 and was told to punch in [honor system] for a full 8 hours and then he could go do whatever he wanted til tomorrow. They usually didn't make you go out two days in a row, because it was hard on you...

Yeah, excruciating...

round man

In North Carolina they are employees of the traffic audit bureau a division the state Dept of Transportation,...the info they gather is used to compile TAB counts(daily traffic counts)
for the DOT and public use, on each major highway and road,...businesses use these numbers to place a commercial value on any advertising (off premise signage and the number of daily impressions) and the potential exposure for any on site signage . certain franchises require a specific TAB count amt. before they will allow a storefront to be considered on that location

Si Allen

Pity the poor displaced state workers out here!

They have been displaced by a rubber hose stretched across the road.

One end is plugged and the other is attached to a counter that counts every time a vehicle runs over the hose.

:loveya: