• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the proper feed rate or formula for using V-bits

dedvyned

I will like to get some help in finding the proper feed rate and RPM when I'm cutting 3d Engrave or prismatic letters. I noticed that I keep getting shutter edges, very sloopy finish edges. There is any tip, trick or formula to avoid these issues?. Someone told me is has to do with the feedrate I'm applying. I particular use these V-Bits on HDU, Sintra or MDF. Anybody who can give me best advise, I will appreciate very much and Thank you for your time.

3dsignco

First of all. Welcome to Signs 101.
Second you would have varying speed and feed for different materials. HDU we cut at 2IPS or more at 18000rpm MDF We cut at 1 to 1.25 ips at 15000.. You may want to watch your table also. You will get those shutters also from your table vibrating.
Do get them all over or only at certain areas. IF you only see them where the bit is changing directions your table is vibrating.

dedvyned

First of all. Welcome to Signs 101.
Second you would have varying speed and feed for different materials. HDU we cut at 2IPS or more at 18000rpm MDF We cut at 1 to 1.25 ips at 15000.. You may want to watch your table also. You will get those shutters also from your table vibrating.
Do get them all over or only at certain areas. IF you only see them where the bit is changing directions your table is vibrating.
Thank you Bill for your help and time to respond my message. Now that you mention I notice that the table vibrates a little bit in certain areas.....any idea how should I fixed this matter? should I call Multicam technician? what CNC do you have? we have an old Multicam 48 Plus almost 15 years old. I have seen you portfolio very nice work you guys do. What program do you use for CNC cutting? I use Enroute Pro 3.2.
Thank you so much for your help!!!

Edgar D. Pons