Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the proper way to outgas my wall murals prior to install

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Signturesigns, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Signturesigns

Signturesigns Member

Apr 27, 2018
    New York
    I am installing wall murals in my home and have printed them out tonight so I can install tomorrow. Is it ok that I have wound up the panels on the take-up reel for them to outgas? or am I supposed to spread them all out on the floors so they can outgas openly?

I don't have enough space to lay them all out opened... so is it ok for them to sit overnight wound up on the core?

Tags:
  2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I'd break them down off the core - stand them on end in loose rolls so at least a little air can circulate.
    For future projects (and you are still tight on space) you could look into getting plastic milk cartons to stand them on.
    Some here have set up small fans to move the air up into the roll to help speed up the drying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jwilde

jwilde Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Muskegon, MI
    I shoot for 48 hrs (on the core) before laminating, when I can, but you have to do what you have to do sometimes. For anything less try to break them down. If you're not laminating then it doesn't matter.

4. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    I assume these are solvent printed then (you don't mention printer type) ? If not (as in latex), there is no outgassing.

• Like Like x 1