• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the proper way to outgas my wall murals prior to install

Signturesigns

I am installing wall murals in my home and have printed them out tonight so I can install tomorrow. Is it ok that I have wound up the panels on the take-up reel for them to outgas? or am I supposed to spread them all out on the floors so they can outgas openly?

I don't have enough space to lay them all out opened... so is it ok for them to sit overnight wound up on the core?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'd break them down off the core - stand them on end in loose rolls so at least a little air can circulate.
For future projects (and you are still tight on space) you could look into getting plastic milk cartons to stand them on.
Some here have set up small fans to move the air up into the roll to help speed up the drying.

jwilde

I shoot for 48 hrs (on the core) before laminating, when I can, but you have to do what you have to do sometimes. For anything less try to break them down. If you're not laminating then it doesn't matter.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I assume these are solvent printed then (you don't mention printer type) ? If not (as in latex), there is no outgassing.