• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this banding caused from?

dj_elite

Have some banding that only occurs on certain green and blue colors. Do you think it is from dampers? I just ordered new ones to install. It has been 2 years since they have been replaced. I figured I would do some preventative maintenance and change them anyway. All my other colors are fine. As seen in the picture provided, this shade of green starts off pretty good then the banding begins. Again only on certain shades. Also if you notice the banding is vertical and horizontal. I have cleaned and wiped both the encoder strip and sensor and the round encoder on the side and sensor with no luck. Printer is a Mutoh 1204

Attachments

• banding green.jpg
    banding green.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 103

4R Graphics

looks like a few things like media comp maybe bad nozzles but if nozzles are good and your media comp are good for everything else then it maybe to much ink for the material and also heat you may just be putting down to much ink on those certain colors just a thought.

Gene@mpls

I fought a similar issue for six months on my roland. All head prints were great-finally replaced the cyan head and prints like
new. Seven billion shots btw.

Dennis422

Look for a similar thread I started few weeks ago, I can not find it now.
It has to do with the profiles and the heat settings.

You will have to play with the heat settings to make it disappear. It has to do something with too much ink and/or not enough heat to dry out the first coat of the ink applied.