• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this called and where can I buy it?

Ripcord

I'm doing a sign for a liquor store and it's the kind that has clear brackets mounted on it so that one can create messages with the changeable letters. I'd like to find out where to buy these brackets so that I can include them in my bid. My problem is, I don't know what these are called so I'm having trouble with a Google search. What is the official name of these?

player

Make sure you know how to install it properly from the type (acrylic or polycarbonate) to the proper glue, and fasteners. Then there is the proper spacing and the letters...

Ripcord

Make sure you know how to install it properly from the type (acrylic or polycarbonate) to the proper glue, and fasteners. Then there is the proper spacing and the letters...
The ones on the existing sign appear to be bolted to the polycarbonate. Do I need glue as well?

My plan is to borrow a few of their letters so that I can use them as guides to get the track spacing right.

player

If you dig around the Wagner link I gave you they show you pretty much everything. There is special polycarbonate glue, or perhaps some vhb tape.

I would try to use Wagner stuff as a system. Or another mfg that has the stuff and proper instructions.

You don't want to f*ck it up! :smile:

Gemini is who we use also and we use this adhesive http://www.scigrip.com/product.php?id=15 to permanently bond it with a special needle tip applicator. You must squeeze the air out of the bottle before tipping it so you don't spill the adhesive everywhere and ruin the sign face. However, the huge (IMO) advantage to this adhesive is that you can get your tracks all put in place and secured with masking tape, then apply the liquid adhesive along the edges and it just flows right where it needs to. As long as you apply enough it will flow out between the two surfaces bonding the tracks permanently to the face. You may want to practice on some scrap pieces first, but I highly recommend this method for applying tracks and acrylic letters to acrylic or polycarbonate.