• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this Heat Cable ?

supurb

My heater stopped working recently. The machine i bought apparently had a major ink spill at some point that got all over the heat cable. It became brittle and upon touching it i snapped it. I've since cleaned up all of the ink. So I need to replace the wiring in the back. My question is, what exactly is this stuff. I have some pictures to look at. I want to make sure I replace it with the same stuff.

The wire had this written on it E84256 SST-2 200C 600V vw-1 Nissel

Does the link below like the right stuff? Anything I should know about replacing?

http://compare.ebay.com/like/121083...iceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&bigimg=y

Attachments

• heat cable 1.jpg
    heat cable 1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 113
  • heatcable2.jpg
    heatcable2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 91

rjssigns

I'd spend the money and get a replacement from the manufacturer. Trying to save a few bucks and burning the shop to the ground is never good.

supurb

Its a converted cj-500 to sc500 so there was never a heater made for the machine. I've seen lots of people install their own on here. I could put an entire new system in, but that just seems like overkill since all i need to do is replace this one wire. The front wire and the controller etc are all working fine. I've done some more research and I tink the what i read on the rubber part of the wire pertained only to the rubber part. I see almost the exact same information on heat shrink in the link below:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-3-Met...ltDomain_0&hash=item35c382bb1b#ht_2451wt_1032

So I still need to figure out what this heat element is exactly. Anyone have any ideas?

supurb

They sell coversion kits that from my understanding use heat strips, not a wire. I'm assuming my conversion is an older one. If I replace the whole heater this would surely be route place to go. I'm not sure that they will help me identify this wire since they use something different. Maybe though. I was just hoping one of the other converted CJ-500 users on here might know exactly what its called so I can locate a replacement on the internet. Can't image the wire alone would go for much more than $100 and then i'll be back up and running.

supurb

Anyone have any other ideas on this? I really think it might be in floor heating cable but It seems like that stuff you don't have to strip the rubber off and expose the inner core. Hoping someone can identify this before this weekend so I can work get it fixed up this weekend.