• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this in my print?

SameDay Signs

Below is a picture of a print I did and there seems to be color fading in and out of it. You have to look close but you can see it go light and dark and on and on. There are new caps, pumps, and nozzles are all good. Any idea of what it can be? I didn't know if the encoder strip can play a factor or not but if so where is it located and how do I clean it? I normally have advantage do all my work so i know little about things such as the encoder strip

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Scott

Attachments

• 2013-05-01_09-23-45_315.jpg
    2013-05-01_09-23-45_315.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 73

AnimalG82

I'm having the same problem too on both my JV3-75s. I just replaced all the dampers and both capping stations and pumps are working great and nozzles are good. I am at loss as what to do. Oh, and cleaned the encoders strips as well with no improvement. I'm starting to wonder if ink isn't the issue.

SameDay Signs

On my spII It normally only occurs in larger areas of solid print for some reason? Im not sure why but I defintally need this bad boy fixed

particleman

I'm guessing these are vertical lines if you are facing the printer? If so look closely at your material, is it slightly bowed or has a hump in it? Odds are your material is warping in that location and causing this effect. The ink droplets are landing in the wrong location exposing white and causing this band. Check your heat settings to prevent the material from deforming.

SameDay Signs

When it prints it is more horizontal (left to right). I actually though it had to be the heat so Ive turned it down quite a bit but nothing? Maybe I will take it off 32 and try it higher like 38 or so

J Hill Designs

I cant tell at all from the posted photo, but if you say its left to right (IE parallel to the platen) I would say chromatic banding from bidi being off

SameDay Signs

J Hill is it possible to let me know what that is in simpler terms LOL Im not exactly a tech by any means but trying to avoid calling advantage. I do appreciate the help though