• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what is this material? thermal?

gnatt66

I was asked yo duplicate this decal...its reflective in a "criss cross" pattern and must have been pretty cool when it was new. the shadow isnt layered..its all one piece. anyone?

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 103
Do you have any pictures that show more of it? It almost looks like gold leaf burnished in a cross hatch pattern and then encapsulated and thermally printed.

Billct2

I think Sellers may be right. I don't think I've seen that effect on gold leaf other than by hand. Although it is a more defined/harder burnish than I've seen before.

gnatt66

its not leaf..the panel was orig lettered in 98. its some sort of film..it reflects all sorts of colors..blues, greens, gold, etc.

jfiscus

Rap Master
It looks like a thermal print on a "special effects" film. However, I have never seen that particular film myself.
The closest film that I can think of is Avery Kaleidoscope or Confetti film.
it may be a material that is no longer available.

After seeing the bigger picture, that is definitely not gold leaf. I have never seen anything like that before. What is it on? Could it be something that was specially made for a manufacturer and screened or thermally printed?