• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this mess?

Commando

1.jpg
What would cause this? Test print is fine. Other colors print fine.

Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
could it be something funky in the artwork? what kind of file are you printing, and what RIP?

Commando

rasterlink 6. Its just gothic letters and a box.
I just tried to print it black and the quality was fine.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Try saving it as a file type that supports vectors and see how you get on that way.

Why always jpgs? I can think of a million reasons why not!

Jburns

So that is white ink then? and the black prints same file just fine - leads me to white head or ink issue.

Commando

Well, i was looking at the image in rasterlink, and when i transferred it to white, the "smudge" or whatever was in the image itself. When it was black, before making the white profile, it isnt.
I exported it in EPS and its fine. Job is now done.
Pretty freakin weird but ok..

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Well, i was looking at the image in rasterlink, and when i transferred it to white, the "smudge" or whatever was in the image itself. When it was black, before making the white profile, it isnt.
I exported it in EPS and its fine. Job is now done.
Pretty freakin weird but ok..
The white will print wherever there is a pixel value that is not pure white. If you look at the jpeg you were trying to print in image editing software, I will bet you see color values at the edges that you thought were white. Rasterlink will see that value and print white. When you converted to EPS, those values were stripped from the file. It's a characteristic of jpg's, the jaggies, which is why jpgs are best saved for use on the web and email, not so good for printing...