Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Suggestions What is this process?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Thomas Fischetti, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Thomas Fischetti

Thomas Fischetti Member

Oct 19, 2017
    salt lake city, Utah
    I am looking to add some custom case options for a few of our bigger clients, does anyone know what this process is?

Watch that video, they print onto a material, then heat vacuum it to the cases which then leaves the pattern but no film.

Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Sublimation with vacuum oven forming. There was a company here in Denver that just went out of business, and had like five of those machines up for auction.

i'll see if I can pull an image of the vacuum machines.

3. Thomas Fischetti

Thomas Fischetti Member

Oct 19, 2017
    salt lake city, Utah
    Awesome,

Thanks so much! How scalable is this? can a company make several hundred cases a day with this sort of process?

4. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Here is the machine. When i picked up my stuff, the auctioneer tried to sell me a pallet of blank cases, and i think one of these machines.
    https://industrialbid.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/2018/lot/408401/2016-Sun-Fly-Model-SFS-VSF04-Vacuumsub-A2-Phone-Case-Printer?url=/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/2018?page=9&view=grid

and the associated case molds for it. I should have taken a closer look at - but did score quite a bit at this auction- three penske trucks worth :):)
    https://industrialbid.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/2018/lot/408402/2016-Sun-Fly-Model-SFS-VSF04-Vacuumsub-A2-Phone-Case-Printer?url=/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/2018?page=9&view=grid

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  5. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019