Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this stuff worth?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Commando, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Commando

Commando Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Tennessee
    So I have a Mimaki JV33-130. It needs a new head. You can still get fairly decent prints on vinyl. Banners look good. It needs ALOT of nozzle washes and head soaks to keep decent quality on vinyl, though.
    I also have a mimaki CG130-FX2 plotter. It works, but it doesnt cut accurately. It will cut short and print-plot jobs dont have a chance lol. I couldnt get it going but someone else probably could.
    I plan on putting them on Ebay.
    I am still using the printer, but my new CJV300 is about to be ordered and when it gets here, i am moving the plotter into an empty room and keep it plugged in until shipping. I will also have the option to ship freight truck, so i figure thats a plus as well.
    What do you think this fabulous duo is worth?

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    What do you think it's honestly worth ??

3. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    With bad heads and plotter issues you're looking at $500 for the pair honestly.
    Rip software included might double that price, but its hard to find buyers for used equipment with problems.
    We had a couple JV3 printers w/o issues and had trouble selling them a few years ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Your best bet is to find a local guy who just cuts vinyl or makes shirts or something similar who wants to expand and just see what he offers. Keeping the printer running a few more months waiting on a higher offer is going to cost more in ink/maintenance than your gains will be.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Commando

Commando Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Tennessee
    I have Rasterlink 5 to go with it.

6. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Rasterlink really isn't worth much. It's a pretty bad program.
    You can get a subscription to Flexi RIP now for only like $40/month to run these machines.

7. Souldar

Souldar New Member

May 22, 2020
    Charlottesville
    You could go to a web site like digital equipment brokers ( www.digitalequipmentbrokers.net ) and find similar units and compare them to yours for a pricing ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Commando

Commando Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Tennessee
    Shew, i hate flexi lol. I have that rip for my latex printers.
    But i get what you are saying.