• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this stuff worth?

Commando

So I have a Mimaki JV33-130. It needs a new head. You can still get fairly decent prints on vinyl. Banners look good. It needs ALOT of nozzle washes and head soaks to keep decent quality on vinyl, though.
I also have a mimaki CG130-FX2 plotter. It works, but it doesnt cut accurately. It will cut short and print-plot jobs dont have a chance lol. I couldnt get it going but someone else probably could.
I plan on putting them on Ebay.
I am still using the printer, but my new CJV300 is about to be ordered and when it gets here, i am moving the plotter into an empty room and keep it plugged in until shipping. I will also have the option to ship freight truck, so i figure thats a plus as well.
What do you think this fabulous duo is worth?

jfiscus

Rap Master
With bad heads and plotter issues you're looking at $500 for the pair honestly.
Rip software included might double that price, but its hard to find buyers for used equipment with problems.
We had a couple JV3 printers w/o issues and had trouble selling them a few years ago.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Your best bet is to find a local guy who just cuts vinyl or makes shirts or something similar who wants to expand and just see what he offers. Keeping the printer running a few more months waiting on a higher offer is going to cost more in ink/maintenance than your gains will be.

Commando

With bad heads and plotter issues you're looking at $500 for the pair honestly.
Rip software included might double that price, but its hard to find buyers for used equipment with problems.
We had a couple JV3 printers w/o issues and had trouble selling them a few years ago.
I have Rasterlink 5 to go with it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Rasterlink really isn't worth much. It's a pretty bad program.
You can get a subscription to Flexi RIP now for only like $40/month to run these machines.

Commando

Rasterlink really isn't worth much. It's a pretty bad program.
You can get a subscription to Flexi RIP now for only like $40/month to run these machines.
Shew, i hate flexi lol. I have that rip for my latex printers.
But i get what you are saying.