• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this?

SignStudent

Similar to ultraboard but has more dense foam and the faces are like a wood veneer. The stuff is very hard, almost like MDO and doesn't dent at all. The foam is black all the way through, not just painted black on the outside.

SignStudent

Ugh sorry forgot to attach the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_9351.JPG
    IMG_9351.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 68

SignStudent

Hmm, I've never used a thick brand name sintra, only the thin economy pvc stuff. The economy pvc seems kinda soft but this stuff is much harder and totally rigid. Is actual sintra more rigid/hard, or maybe it's just because it's thicker?

SignStudent

I just checked and if I push my fingernail into the economy pvc it leaves a permanent indentation but there's no way I can push my nail into the stuff I'm looking for.

SignStudent

From what I've found Komatex is pretty much the same as Sintra. Anyone know for sure if either of them are hard enough that you can't dent them with your fingernail?

Is durafoam a sign material? The only stuff I can find about it is for roofing or exercise mats.

signgirl

All those brands are PVC all the way thru....no foam that I remember. Years ago I used half inch foam board with a thin wood veneer front and back...loved it, then they stopped selling it