• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Is This?????????

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Possibly a bad roll of media?

This is only happening on the right side, approx 3" from the edge, and has no fixed pattern.

WTF??? Im pissed because this project fit PERFECT with 3 full sized panels....now I have to print an additional panel for each side. #$&%#*@!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 61

onlyjames

For the record...I believe this has something to do with the Arlon Media (6000xrp). The other 54" material I have been printing on is perfect.

I also tried different heat settings, powering down and back on ect ect.

If it is the material, this will be just one more reason to NEVER use Arlon again.... EVER!!!!!

randya

Take a piece of the media and rotate it 90 or 180.
If it goes with the media then it is media.

You may want to clean a piece of media in that location with denatured alcohol.

You may want to clean the rollers on your machine, if you find it to be that roll.

mikey-Oh

Weaksauce! Never seen anything like that from our Mutoh. We use Oracal or 3m exclusively though.... well aside from the occasional shinerite.

Is this the beginning of a roll? I've seen some very small hand prints within the first few feet....

Take a piece of the media and rotate it 90 or 180.
If it goes with the media then it is media.

Excellent advice randya!

onlyjames

Randy....thats why you are AWESOME. Im over here ready to smash my head on the wall trying to figure this out...and here you come with Common Sense!

Im going to flip the media, and if it follows...Im happy (no printer problems).

I'll update.

Thanks!