• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is your company workflow is like ?

SD&F

I would never allow a designer to just sit and only design unless he was the money maker for my company. This means that without his talents my company would fail and he was highly skilled(if he could not easily be replaced) If he can't ateast pick up a phone, he's worthless. Everyone should be able to atleast answer a phone. Good thing you fired him, there will be another person who values his job come thru your door when you need them.

neil_se

A graphic designer will keep your standard of work high, but find one that's also willing to assist with customer contact. Instead of handing the job back to the receptionist for proofs, have them deal direct with the customer so that changes aren't "lost in transit". A system like Signvox can save a lot of time here.

My staff mix is:
1 General Manager (myself, mainly doing quotes for the sales people and covering anywhere required)
1 Operations Manager (signwriter & tinter, does scheduling, customer contact, covering anywhere required)
2 Sales People (on the road)
1 Receptionist/Admin
1 Accounts (offsite)
2 Graphic Designers (one works remotely)
1 Window Tinter
3 Production Staff (all signwriters, also assist with installation when required)
1 Installer/Fabricator (qualified builder)

I feel like that's a pretty balanced staff mix for the general signwriting that we do. Next would probably be an in-store salesperson/extra admin.

Last edited:

heyskull

Workflow....What Workflow!?
There are four of us and although my 2 partners have both their limitations One of them designs like he is a 2 year old and needs good crayons!
We employ one other guy who is proficient as an installer but is limited in designing but this is good as he knows his limitations.

Customer comes in we take details.
We try to if we have time to design with the customer on site if we have the time. I realize some will disagree with me here but if you can finalize the design whilst the customer is in your shop the job is yours.
This is the most important thing - Take Payment.
Set job up.
Manufacture.
Fit.
Tell customer how good it looks!
Happy Customer :)

SC