• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is your favorite "condensed"/taller font?

hoppers

Ok, I’m not much of a font "collector" like some of you font hounds. But just wondering what a decent condensed/"taller" font is that some of you are using. As I said - a decent font....Something along the lines like IMPACT that goes more vertical, but not as commonly used (or as hideous) as the impact font. I hate IMPACT and also refuse to use Hobo among others...See Im learning! :)

I’m trying to print up a few hundred 8 inch by 1.5 inch decals for a customer and would like a font that fills out more of the vertical space.

It is basically just his website address, so it doesn’t need to be anything fancy. It is also a longer web address that will be mixed case since it is 4 words with a .com tacked on it. It is 25 characters (example: OneReallyLongWebaddress.com) and it is for charity so don’t shoot him that much for a lengthy URL ;)

Thanks in advance!
-Matt

GK

House Industries - United Sans Condensed
Lián Types - Red Wagon
Red Rooster - Triple Condensed
Nicks Fonts - Major Production
Tilde - Huxley Vertical

Jillbeans

I love Impact. Also Arroyo from Sign DNA (there is also a freebie of it on the Internet) and Stately Gothic from The Fontry. Tallington from LHF is good too.
Love....Jill

cptcorn

adad
Helvetica Neue LT Pro - 107 Extra Black Condensed Oblique

Not too tall, not to short.

Roswell rocks too, minus the lowercase f

Stevo

Still use Impact once and awhile. I like it!
Also Antique Olive is still another one of my go-to workhorse fonts.

Stevo

Bigdawg

Just Me
I like Haettenschweiler better then Impact for a bold look
Huxley Vertical is one of my favorites too, but it seems a little dated anymore when I try to work it into a layout.
I also like Ultra Condensed Sans Serif and Ultra Condensed Serif , but they've been a couple of my favorites since the early 90's

hoppers

Wow thanks to everyone for their responses!

Yeah I think I used IMPACT a bit too much in my past years - hence I am a bit sick of it. Gets the job done, but I like these "thinner" examples a good amount of people gave...will take me a few hours to review them all and make a choice to buy - but thanks again! :)

S101 rocks!!!

Letterbox Mike

I'm a big fan of the Helvetica Neue condensed family, simple and have been around a while and nothing too fancy but they almost always seem to look nice. I also sort of like the lines of Myriad Pro's condensed versions, especially in italics.

k.a.s.

I like Impact but I think that it can be hard to read at times b/c it is so close together. I think it can look like a big block somtimes mainly in smaller letters.

I really like Placard Condensed and Runic Condensed. JMO

Kevin