• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is your favorite web browser?

What's your favorite browser?

• Chrome

Votes: 57 16.9%
  • Firefox

Votes: 203 60.1%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 40 11.8%
  • Opera

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Safari

Votes: 27 8.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I could be wrong but I thought Chrome was built on the Mozilla (Gecko?) rendering engine but has a different Javascript processor.

Firefox for me because of the add-ons.

Bungy

Firefox for about 95% of internet searches/surfing and IE8 for the 5% that Firefox doesn't work correctly on.

JasperST

I use Firefox on the Macs and PCs for the most part and use Safari and IE respectively when I need to go to sites I don't frequent that needs cookies.

I do have a bit of a formatting problem here though, some of the text on the left is superimposed onto the right.

smdgrfx

Firefox here. Never like IE back in the day because of all the security issues and Firefox just ran better. IE is much better now, but I'm so used to Firefox. Tabbed browsing in Firefox back in 2004 was the most awesome thing to me. I am an internet junkie and was tired of having 5 IE screens open...

I still have to use IE for my remote logins, FTP into my windows server, and to do anything with Microsoft websites, but IE is much better than it was a few years ago.

johnnysigns

I'm quickly becoming a big fan of chrome vs firefox. I keep having firefox hang up on several different machines pretty consistently.

TheSellOut

I have always been a fan of google products so I tried it and the thing I like most is...when you open a new tab, chrome displays 12 of your favorite websites (that you can choose and edit) as a speed dail. So I can open a new tab and click "Signs101" and be taken directly here!

apscofield

Started with Netscape and loved it. Tried IE for awhile, didn't like it then moved on to FF. Love it for the tabbed browsing and plugins AND the fact it's open source. IE is a magnet for problems and I'm NOT a fan of Active X.

Opera is good too but still has problems with some things. I've yet to find a site that FF didn't work with.

A~

schramm

When I used my PC it was always IE, but now with my mac I have really used Safari as it is on my desktop. I do use Firefox as well but I seem to be ok with Safari and it has not let me down yet.

I have always been a fan of google products so I tried it and the thing I like most is...when you open a new tab, chrome displays 12 of your favorite websites (that you can choose and edit) as a speed dail. So I can open a new tab and click "Signs101" and be taken directly here!
You should have Signs101 as a homepage. It is one of seven tabs that is always displayed in my browser (Firefox).

TommyFastLane

I support everything Google! Chrome is the fastest browser on the web and it has alot of usefull extensions! I read a post earlier about copyright infringement and one member said he uses Tineye as a resouse for finding the source of pictures. Chrome has a built in extension to where Tineye can locate the source of every photo on a paritcular page!

Firefox crashes too much and I hate all those toolbars in IE!

petesign

Funny I just noticed this thread. I just ranted about firefox and its memory leaks this morning. I have decided to can firefox, and am looking for a new one.

I have been using Chrome for a while here and there, just never fully embraced it... and I downloaded safari a few months ago, but it has this annoying lag on startup, like it can't find my internet connection to load the home page. Once it goes through that process, it's lightning quick. I suppose if I could learn to live with the 20 second or so lag, it would be my new favorite. As it stands though, I am typing this in Chrome.

Haven't tried Opera for pc yet, though it works great on my phone.

Steve C.

Recently switched to firefox because some links would not work in ie.
I heard a lot of good things about it, but see no real difference. I like the
spell check, but I can't stop the pop ups.

vaughnlm

Like Mac & Cheese

A smooth operator is the world of Mac and Safari . . . so glad we left the pc realm 5 years ago
If you have any plans to move to the Cloud . . . It is Superior in every-way with Adobe CC

Ditchmiester

I've always been a Chrome guy but i've been branching out and using Safari and FireFox a little more. Can't Stand IE unless that's the only browser supported by a website.

1leonchen

opera best there is. i can use on android, i phone, i mac, windows any platform available. multiple tabs. privacy mode when i want to go to the other website. ( your mind is dirty) mine is not. best multiple downloading. peer to peer sharing. book mark on multiple platforms. only thing missing is if i am on my computer i cant get the same tab on my phone.