• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is your preferred banner tape?

trakers

Getting low and need to order some. Have the Oracal stuff now, seems to work OK but I see they don't recommend it for material over 10oz.

What do you use and like?

Pat Whatley

The 1" Technical Laminations tape from Fellers. Let that stuff bond for 10 minutes and you'll tear the banner trying to separate the two panels.

907customs

I've been using Avery 1", and it works good, much better than the oracal stuff. It does tend to wrinkle a little when rolling the banners up. I might have to try the above mentioned stuff next time.

I use the stuff that Grimco sells, not sure of the brand name.

I started out using Oracal, but I had banners go out the door (and some samples in the shop) that the hems broke loose after a week or so..not acceptable for me and left me no piece of mind.

trakers

I requested samples of the Power Tape twice now with no response. I guess they aren't too proud of it.

I do like the Banner Ups, but they are too high for what they are.

i ordered a roll of this shortly after i read this...did my first couple banners with it tonight. VERY nice, looks nicer than a banner tape fold-over, imo.

thanks!

Biker Scout

I buy a case of the stuff that's between $7 - $10 a roll... it's not a specific brand that I can remember, but when I've gotten the Oracal stuff for like $20 per roll, it's failed on me on several occasions. The Cheaper roll is also 72 yards, where the brand name stuff is only 36.

I can't remember where I get it, but I've purchased it from two vendors. One of which is my local vendor, the other online.

Biker Scout

Ah... here it is...

e-bay

I don't buy it from ebay, but this is the brand I get... I see it's made by U.S. Banner. (216' = 72 yards) and I've never paid more than $9 per roll when I get a case of it.

Biker Scout

No, you don't have to buy a case of it... it's just that I found for our operations that having plenty in stock was better than having an "Oh Shit" moment when you realize that you have to have 10 banners done by Saturday morning, and it's already Friday at 11 p.m., and you've already called your supplier and they don't have any more of the $9 roll stuff in stock and don't know when it's going to be in... but they do have plenty of the 36 yard stuff that's not as good, and $20 per roll. :banghead: