• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What kind of digital camera do you have?

SignManiac

I just bought a new Canon 40d 10 megapixel with a 4 gig SD card. I put a Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM lens on it and the photos are mind blowing. I bought it more for me than for work. I've always wanted to do some serious amateur photography.

Here's a link to a review if you're interested.

http://photo.net/equipment/canon/40D/

blackicefx

I currently use a Sanyo VPC-T700. It was $145 on sale. It does ok, definately nothing close to an SLR but it gets the job done. It has trouble in dimmer light, but then alot of the cheapie ($300>) digitals do. Anyway, I'd pickup an entry-level SLR, it's definately worth the price in the long run.

Matthew
BlackIceFX

fozzyber

I have a Minolta 7D SLR with a good selection of glass.
Sony has bought out Minolta's high end stuff and still uses minoltas
lens mount so older minolta lenses will work with new sony cameras

First make sure it is a SLR
Nikon, Canon, minolta/sony, high end pentax, or fuji.

Nikon, Canon are the big dogs with minolta/sony bringing up in third.
b&h video for new stuff
and KEH.COM for used stuff and repair.

and don't forget to get a flash, and bounce reflector

oh yea, and never buy before reading on it here:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/

WOODBS

i forget the model #, but as soon as i take the picture it spits the picture right outta the camera...pretty cool, except i have to wait a few minutes for it to develop:glasses:

grafxxx

canon power shot a520 does the job for me.. added a 128 card to it. good lil cam. it has a memo feature so i can record notes when i take a pic..

Pentax will give you lots of bang for the buck. Body is inexpensive for DSLR, and lenses are plentiful in the used market. We use the Sony/Minolta, which is great unit. Nikon is an excellent choice, but image stabilization is built in to the lens (not the body), making lenses quite expensive.

Sign Works

Olympus E-10
camera-angled.jpg

Bill Modzel

I have a Nikon 8800. It's an 8MP and a 10X optical zoom. It's a high end point and shoot. I'm thinking about selling it. My heart is in macro stuff and it's just not as easy as the old Nikon 990.
Time to move to an DSLR and a dedicated lens I think.

W

wedosigns

Gee George sounds like business is slow. You sound like a salesman at Circuit City or Best Buy. Just kidding . Are you working there???? Well if you cant sell signs sounds like you can sell cameras.

Jane

Pentax will give you lots of bang for the buck. Body is inexpensive for DSLR, and lenses are plentiful in the used market. We use the Sony/Minolta, which is great unit. Nikon is an excellent choice, but image stabilization is built in to the lens (not the body), making lenses quite expensive.

cptcorn

adad
1 Canon EOS 20D
1 Canon EOS 40D
1 Canon EOS 1D MrkIII

1 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
1 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
1 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
1 Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

www.figzphoto.com

Alex

i have a olympus dslr evolt 510 and a assortment of lenses. we did tradeshow displays for a distributor and the camera was a 'bonus' that i am and was very thankful for...however, if i was to purchase a dslr camera Olympus would not have been my first choice, but it more than gets the job done and the photos are of very good quality

GK

Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II (16.7mp), Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III (21mp version), Canon PowerShot G9 (12.1mp)

Canon PowerShot G9 is under $500, shoots JPEG, RAW or RAW+JPEG. Awesome little camera, i highly recommend it. Doesn't feel cheap either has a very sturdy body structure to it & has a rechargeable Li-Ion battery.