• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Kind of Perf?

ScottyAdams

Hey Guys,

We are planning on applying a large colorful print to our front windows using window perf. We have a few questions...

- Apply to inside or out?
- Laminate?
- 70/30? 60/40? 50/50?
- Any application techniques?
- Specific types/brands we should try using.

Thanks again Guys!

MikePro

inside, if possible, otherwise outside
yes, liquid laminate >spray laminate > sheet laminate
the former
don't wet apply if laminated, heck dont wet apply at all
3M,Oracal, Arlon

4R Graphics

Find BigFish on the forum he sells perf and it is good quality. I have used it for a few years now. You cant beat his prices.

Adhesive backed perf pretty much has to go on outside.

If you dont lam it it goes down like super air release.

If its laminated (I recomend laminating perf for longevity and visability on vehicles) then just go slow it will want to trap some air in the holes dont worry about it unless its a huge bubble most of the time it will settle out in a few days and look good.
Also if laminated and you push hard with the squegee the laminate will stick to the window again dont freak out just give it some time and it will pop back up and look good.

SAR.Summerlin

I have a question I have never applied perf before and we have a job I will need to apply it to the back window of a pickup truck which has dividers on the window a real pain from the look of it any suggestions on how i should go about this installation.