• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What kind of signs would you propose?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
20190614_181030.jpg
The landlord wants to replace the doors with glass doors and we'll do vinyl graphics on there. As far as the three tenants, what kind of signs would you do for all three? I'm not sure if the city will permit a roof sign or anything over the roof line, but I'm going to double check that... Any ideas on what kind of signs to do? They all three would need to be the same size. I was thinking just the thin area right before the roof vaults upwards...but it will be kinda small. The building is about 30-40ft. from roadway. It's a 4 lane thoroughfare with speeds of 40-50mph. No multitenant pylon.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
3 tenants..... 3 box signs along the skirt where you mentioned. Will stick up slightly above the bend. No logos or useless copy. Just a name and keep them all the same and only allow no more than two colors on a white background. No exceptions. From 40' away, the lettering only has to be 3" tall to be effective to the other side of the road, but you could easily go with 6 or 7 inch lettering on a 18" x 120" box.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
3 tenants..... 3 box signs along the skirt where you mentioned. Will stick up slightly above the bend. No logos or useless copy. Just a name and keep them all the same and only allow no more than two colors on a white background. No exceptions. From 40' away, the lettering only has to be 3" tall to be effective to the other side of the road, but you could easily go with 6 or 7 inch lettering on a 18" x 120" box.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking...and that area is 18". I wasn't sure if they should be allowed their own logo or go with standardized font / colors... The landlord initially was thinking about JUST allowing glass door graphics because he wanted a clean look on the roof, but I told him that really wouldn't be quite fair for the tenants because no one would be able to see that from the road.

Thanks for the ideas

visual800

I would do what Gino suggested IF you wanted to go a little larger I would make an aluminum frame attach that to facia and then attach signs to that, at least frames would stay permantly BUT to keep it simple Id go back to Ginos suggestion

Evan Gillette

Maybe some formed plastic lettering on a backer panel, along the same idea of what Gino mentioned. Keep it simple. For that size you might even be better off using a channel letter box instead of a cabinet. Cabinet is obviously a better option, but I bet a channel letter box would be really cheap.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A question I forgot to ask is....... who will be paying for all of this ?? The owner or the tenants ??

The owner should pay for the initial cans and possibly the blank faces, but the customers would be responsible for decorating the faces. Otherwise, the tenants might take the whole thing if they ever leave. Afterall, they paid for it. Law is..... once a sign of any kind is placed on a wall, roof or anywhere on rented property, the sign becomes the property of the land/building owner, not the tenant. If they take a face, no big deal, but try getting a whole cabinet back if someone removes it in the middle of the night. :rolleyes:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
A question I forgot to ask is....... who will be paying for all of this ?? The owner or the tenants ??

The owner should pay for the initial cans and possibly the blank faces, but the customers would be responsible for decorating the faces. Otherwise, the tenants might take the whole thing if they ever leave. Afterall, they paid for it. Law is..... once a sign of any kind is placed on a wall, roof or anywhere on rented property, the sign becomes the property of the land/building owner, not the tenant. If they take a face, no big deal, but try getting a whole cabinet back if someone removes it in the middle of the night. :rolleyes:

Owner is covering the cost since it's a remodel.... after that the tenants are responsible

unclebun

We have places like that all over town. One is next door. Put a 2'x8' cabinet sign for each tenant. Plexiglas face stays with the property and is not taken by tenant when they leave, even though tenants have to pay for redecorating/replacing plexiglass when they move in. 2x8 will allow better lettering and accommodate more logos than a narrower sign will.