• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What kind of terms do you have with your vendors?

WildWestDesigns

I pay up front with all my suppliers. I only have one digitizing customer that I extend a 30 contract and I do on average about 10 patterns a week with this person, so it's a nice little contract.

cdiesel

Depends.. some we pay COD, some are net 30 with generous credit lines.

Most companies will give you net 30 if you have good references and aren't asking for a huge credit line. Net 30 on $5k is one thing. A lot of companies might not want to give you Net 30 on $100k.

A couple months ago I had an order for $90k worth of parts we needed. Wiped out our current vendors and they couldn't meet the deadline on the remaining quantities we needed, so I called and setup an account with a new vendor. We paid them $45k up front and they gave us $45k Net 30. Never dealt with them before, so I was not expecting that. Very impressed, and have ordered a bunch more from them since.

Circleville Signs

We could have up to 30 with all of our vendors, however I refuse to do it. I've seen too many shops get into pickles that way. The large company that I worked for when I got into this business - terms is what ended up bringing them to their knees. As pretty much a 1 man shop, cash flow isn't as big of an issue for me as it is for some, so I can handle paying for my materials up front.

OlsonSigns601

I pay as I go as I have enough worries about paying the power bill to cool this place while its 98 degrees.

The reward I get are not enough to get a plane ticket each month but it is enough to buy everyone that works for us/with us an IPAD for christmas or a 42" LED for me.

Hmmm

Christian @ 2CT Media

We get net 30 with all of our suppliers but we have a business card through Chase that allows for net 90. Its some special program they are running for small businesses under 6 employees... Don't know if its an Arizona thing or not though.

We only use the card for points, we pay our bill as soon as we purchase.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We could have up to 30 with all of our vendors, however I refuse to do it. I've seen too many shops get into pickles that way. The large company that I worked for when I got into this business - terms is what ended up bringing them to their knees. As pretty much a 1 man shop, cash flow isn't as big of an issue for me as it is for some, so I can handle paying for my materials up front.

+1 so you know exactly what you have in the pocket. Old fashion, love it.

C

ColoPrinthead

I appreciate the responses. I removed my self from the negotiation and told the Marketing Director that if He wanted to argue and make things difficult he need to handle it himself. Vinyl vendors don't give a damn how big this corporation is, we only have 2 Epsons.

We now have established an account with net 30 with a hassle free vendor.

This sh-- shouldn't take 5 damn days to accomplish.

C

ColoPrinthead

Its Friday, time for that cold one +9 more

I'm with you on that :beer

I probably come across more frustrated than I actually was by the situation. I seem to wind up working with difficult people a lot and I'm pretty good at dealing with them.