• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what laminate for big squeegee?

wesley

Was wondering if anyone would share their thoughts on a laminate to use with the big squeegee that has a thicker backing paper rather than the paper on oracal that i have been using. (too thin and gets caught under the squeegee:banghead:)

thanks alot

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
As a desperation move you can always apply a piece of el cheapo vinyl to the backing of the laminate. This will give the backing sufficient body to peel off properly.

Or... learn to do it with one hand on the big squeegee and one hand peeling off the laminate backing, or use the double-sided tape technique [there's a U-Tube video but I've never found this method to be particularly satisfying], or recruit a warm body to pull the backing as you push the big squeegee.

TheSnowman

Dale has a video on how to do it with double stick tape...but yea, use anything but Oracal and you'll be happy from what I've heard. I have just mastered pulling the liner back with one hand, and pushing with the other.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
These are the lams I deal and they work just fine with the big squeege. These prices should be good for a while.

3.5 Mil Pressure Sensitive Gloss, Matte, or Luster Finish
38"x150' $76.00
51"x150' $102.00
61"x150' $122.00

Tim Aucoin

I've been using 3M 8509 and it's been working like a charm! That's what I'm using in the video Dale has on his site. I've got a new one to post once I get the time to do the edits!

watchdaride

These are the lams I deal and they work just fine with the big squeege. These prices should be good for a while.

3.5 Mil Pressure Sensitive Gloss, Matte, or Luster Finish
38"x150' $76.00
51"x150' $102.00
61"x150' $122.00

which distributor are selling these products and prices ?

watchdaride

Yes it is me selling them, how many would you like?

I got a summa dc-3 ( thermal) and i do retail store fronts . Thinking of buying the "big squeege" to laminate . I print 36" wide . What laminate would you recommend to get a glossy finish . I see your in California. i am in Florida .

gnatt66

FDC 7010 works mint with the BS as well. For me, anything but oracal 210 has been really good to lam with manually.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I got a summa dc-3 ( thermal) and i do retail store fronts . Thinking of buying the "big squeege" to laminate . I print 36" wide . What laminate would you recommend to get a glossy finish . I see your in California. i am in Florida .

Well these are pressure sensitive laminates not thermal so we might have a problem houston.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Never mind last post I didnt read it right. You would want the PSGL-38 which will work dandy with the big squeeg.

Edserv

We apply all kinds of ov's with Dale's product. It depends on the media/substrate and the conditions.
We have a nice cold/hot-lam, but use Dale's BS for jobs wider than 40" (our limit.)
We usually use a glossy laminate for most of our regular printed vinyl, and if it's a wrap or window perf outside our comfort zone, we use an outside vendor (usually Lowen) to print or o-lam our media. We installed a really cool window-perforation that Lowen was able to print and over-lam for a great price.
thanks,
Chris