• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what liquid laminate for latex

radiohead223

ok so we haven't had our HP for to long and we are just trying to work out what liquid laminate to use for the inks.... with our old solvent we would use Clear Shield when we need it but i seen that clear shield is not suppose to be use with water based inks.

so what has everyone been using and are there any to avoid?

radiohead223

yeah i found there is two types as well...

clear shield which is for solvents so it says "Use On Digital Output: Solvent Based Ink, Electrostatic, Thermal, Pigmented Ink (non water-sensitive)"

clear jet "Excellent for Water-Sensitive Inks, Media, Materials, and Products"

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We used the Acrylic Clearshield on a latex print...it left some color on the roller we noticed. Not sure how the Solvent version would work....call Clearshield in S. Carolina and Im sure they would gladly answer for you. They would also be happy to send some small bottles as well for you to test. they have very good customer service there. Pleasant people to deal with!

radiohead223

i'd love to ring and talk to them just a bit hard as i'm in Australia..... also thank you for the offer of the samples... i'll see what i can source through Australian suppliers as to different versions of the product.

i take it that everyone is happy with the results of clear shield products over the latex so far?

jhanson

We have an LX850 and use a water-based (i.e. meant for solvent prints) liquid laminate. Works just fine.

Protip: Latex ink is not water based. It contains a fair percentage of water, but all that boils off during the curing process. Think of it as being closer to UV ink.