• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion What logos to use and what do you know about them?

mcngrafix

Hi,

So I have been in the design industry for a while now but I have recently just got some new equipment so I can make better goods. I can now make graphic kits for Motocross bikes and more but I have a question what some of you might be able to answer.

I see a lot of companies what make graphics for bikes out there that are selling their graphics with all kinds of top popular motosport brands and Im guessing that they dont even have permission/rights/licenses to use them.

I have only just started and I have been contacting these big brands and some have just said "yes" that I can have permission to use their logo. Other popular companies I emailed have said no or they have said they are not offering a license and then some dont even reply so i dont know if they arn't replying as they are just not bothered about other companies making money using their logo but I see these Graphic companies just using them which I find confusing and thats why i said previously that if they have permission/rights/licenses?

What is everyones thoughts on this and do you lot think that Im playing it safe and only using logos what I have permission for?

It would be great to hear people thoughts
Thanks

bannertime

To expand on that, just because they work for a business doesn't mean the have the authorization to say who can and can't print their trademarks. For the love of copyright god's please don't do one of those "if you buy this logo, you are saying you have permission to use it" caveats to side-step trademark violations. It probably won't hold up.